There are 51 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics Thread

Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Shani Davis withdraws from the 500 meter because of the huge delays going on because of horrible track conditions.

i dont understand. you wait 4 years for this and then withdraw cuz of 40 mins?

He said if his standings were good enough to be in contention that he would have continued. They weren't, so he didn't. And the delays were longer than 40 mins. They were extending past an hour and 30 mins. The coaches of the powerhouses in this category were furious. All 3 Zamboni's were not working properly and the ice looked like it was pock marked.

whatever you get my drift, i wouldn't withdraw from any olympic event. Maybe hes just doesnt care cuz hes more focused on another event.

Yeah, you gotta think it has to come down to the other events. Otherwise it really doesn't make sense.
31 and 36 year old couple win gold in figure skating

I read something before the olympics started that if dude wanted her make a comeback and compete with him again he had to marry her lol
Originally posted by teeohh:
31 and 36 year old couple win gold in figure skating

I read something before the olympics started that if dude wanted her make a comeback and compete with him again he had to marry her lol

ala Reggie Bush/Kim K, but with a twist.
USA hockey easily dominating Switzerland in their first game. Team looks good, their goalie only has a few saves but they've been big ones.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
USA hockey easily dominating Switzerland in their first game. Team looks good, their goalie only has a few saves but they've been big ones.

HAlfway through the 3rd period and this game is getting very physical. The Swiss have turned their game up, but still can't get a decent shot off.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

HAlfway through the 3rd period and this game is getting very physical. The Swiss have turned their game up, but still can't get a decent shot off.

yeah it was a lot more physical than I expected. Glad to get out with a win and hopefully no injuries.
Go Canada
Shani Davis withdraws from the 500 meter because of the huge delays going on because of horrible track conditions.

i dont understand. you wait 4 years for this and then withdraw cuz of 40 mins?

He said if his standings were good enough to be in contention that he would have continued. They weren't, so he didn't. And the delays were longer than 40 mins. They were extending past an hour and 30 mins. The coaches of the powerhouses in this category were furious. All 3 Zamboni's were not working properly and the ice looked like it was pock marked.

whatever you get my drift, i wouldn't withdraw from any olympic event. Maybe hes just doesnt care cuz hes more focused on another event.

Yeah, you gotta think it has to come down to the other events. Otherwise it really doesn't make sense.

yeah the 500 isnt his best event, he is focused on the 1000 and 1500 races thats the reason he pulled, because the long delay and this not really being his event
Originally posted by King49er:
Go Canada

This damn goalie is starting to piss me off. Canada is playing a little too finesse. They just got to start shooting as their speed and strength is just too much for Norway. But as someone else mentioned, a hot goalie can steal a game for you and this goalie for Norway has already made some huge saves.
0-0

advantage

Norway
Originally posted by ads_2006:
0-0

advantage

Norway

5 minutes into the 2nd

2-0

advantage Canada
0-0

advantage

Norway

5 minutes into the 2nd

2-0

advantage Canada

3-0
0-0

advantage

Norway

Even at 0 - 0 it was not advantage Norway. Shots were 14 - 4 but were trying to be too cute with the puck.
4-0
5-0