LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Official 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics Thread

Finally, Canada wins a gold on home soil in Mens Freestyle Moguls. Hopefully we can add at least two more in Mens and Womens hockey (plus many more in sports I know nothing about).
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Whens the bobsleigh on?
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Whens the bobsleigh on?

Saturday, Feb 20th.
Ice Hockey starts for the men tomorrow.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Whens the bobsleigh on?

Saturday, Feb 20th.

the jamaicans will win the gold
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Ice Hockey starts for the men tomorrow.

Go Canada
Originally posted by teeohh:
Whens the bobsleigh on?

Saturday, Feb 20th.

the jamaicans will win the gold

The Jamaicans didn't qualify.
It sucks to live in the same time zone as the Olympics and yet many events are being televised on a delayed basis.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
It sucks to live in the same time zone as the Olympics and yet many events are being televised on a delayed basis.

Prime time baby!
Congrats to Bode Miller on his Bronze medal today. Bode happens to be an acquaintance of my brother-in-law. I'm told he is a completely down to earth guy, who loves nothing more than a good party. My BIL has partied at the bar a few times with him. Even took a toke outside once or twice.

Funny story, I can't remember what olympics it was, but Bode failed to deliver and didn't even come close to racing up to his standards. My bro asked him what was up, and what happened. Bode said that some swedish (or somewhere like that) chicks had kept him out all night partying (and other things) and he was completely hungover for the competitions.

Shani Davis withdraws from the 500 meter because of the huge delays going on because of horrible track conditions.
Shani Davis withdraws from the 500 meter because of the huge delays going on because of horrible track conditions.

i dont understand. you wait 4 years for this and then withdraw cuz of 40 mins?

Ah, no. He didn't withdraw cause of ice conditions. It says so in the article on ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2010/speedskating/news/story?id=4917326

He withdrew cause he was 18th after the first race and had zero shot at a medal.

The problem wasn't with the ice, one of the ice cleaning machines broke and poured water all over the ice. It took some time to clean up.

[ Edited by NinerFan1979 on Feb 15, 2010 at 21:53:28 ]
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

He said if his standings were good enough to be in contention that he would have continued. They weren't, so he didn't. And the delays were longer than 40 mins. They were extending past an hour and 30 mins. The coaches of the powerhouses in this category were furious. All 3 Zamboni's were not working properly and the ice looked like it was pock marked.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

He said if his standings were good enough to be in contention that he would have continued. They weren't, so he didn't. And the delays were longer than 40 mins. They were extending past an hour and 30 mins. The coaches of the powerhouses in this category were furious. All 3 Zamboni's were not working properly and the ice looked like it was pock marked.

whatever you get my drift, i wouldn't withdraw from any olympic event. Maybe hes just doesnt care cuz hes more focused on another event.
Share 49ersWebzone