LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 354 users in the forums

Official 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics Thread

Originally posted by King49er:
It's funny because when the game was on, me and my friends were praising the American team the whole time, and anyone else I know never had a bad thing to say about that team.

Then I come on here to see Americans posting "well it's only hockey, who cares, or summer olympics are better", and "f**k Canada", yet after you guys beat us in the preliminary round, you were all over th Canadians, and talking "dream team" again.

Get a life, it's a goddamn hockey game, yeah we won, but we're supposed to win.

Had you guys won it would have been congrats all around from me and Kris, yet we win the game and I see nothing but cry babies and people who try to downplay it, not to mention the constant "f**k canada" by a poster who will remain nameless lol

Grow up, you guys have a good team, see ya's in 4 years, enjoy you silver medal haters.

Dude, you can't take what a few posters say as a general consensus of American opinions. I have respect for Canada and love hockey farrrr more then any other sport.

I take pitty on people that seem to take pride in saying "oh well, its only hockey" or "who cares, Americans don't like hockey" ect.

To me thats just sad. Its a great sport and I've played many growing up and its not even close to how much more fun it is to play ice hockey. I grew up in non-hockey hot spots in Cali and TX (where more people play then you would expect, Dallas area has a ton of hockey). And so I had to deal with that ignorant BS a lot.

Its a great game that brought out a lot of great things in a sport I (and millions of other Americans) care very much about. 20 million Americans tuned in to watch the game, so obviously people cared.

It was a great win by Canada, and Crosby scoring OT winner? Probably greatest sports moment of the year for any sport.

And I know a lot of casual friends who came away from the game extremely impressed with hockey. I just had a few beers with a buddy who said he never watched hockey but now he is going to watch the stanley cup finals because the game was so awesome.

So congratulations Canada and I have the upmost respect for Team USA and the kind of effort and passion they played with.

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Mar 1, 2010 at 11:37:17 ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by King49er:
It's funny because when the game was on, me and my friends were praising the American team the whole time, and anyone else I know never had a bad thing to say about that team.

Then I come on here to see Americans posting "well it's only hockey, who cares, or summer olympics are better", and "f**k Canada", yet after you guys beat us in the preliminary round, you were all over th Canadians, and talking "dream team" again.

Get a life, it's a goddamn hockey game, yeah we won, but we're supposed to win.

Had you guys won it would have been congrats all around from me and Kris, yet we win the game and I see nothing but cry babies and people who try to downplay it, not to mention the constant "f**k canada" by a poster who will remain nameless lol

Grow up, you guys have a good team, see ya's in 4 years, enjoy you silver medal haters.

Dude, you can't take what a few posters say as a general consensus of American opinions. I have respect for Canada and love hockey farrrr more then any other sport.

I take pitty on people that seem to take pride in saying "oh well, its only hockey" or "who cares, Americans don't like hockey" ect.

To me thats just sad. Its a great sport and I've played many growing up and its not even close to how much more fun it is to play ice hockey. I grew up in non-hockey hot spots in Cali and TX (where more people play then you would expect, Dallas area has a ton of hockey). And so I had to deal with that ignorant BS a lot.

Its a great game that brought out a lot of great things in a sport I (and millions of other Americans) care very much about. 20 million Americans tuned in to watch the game, so obviously people cared.

It was a great win by Canada, and Crosby scoring OT winner? Probably greatest sports moment of the year for any sport.

And I know a lot of casual friends who came away from the game extremely impressed with hockey. I just had a few beers with a buddy who said he never watched hockey but now he is going to watch the stanley cup finals because the game was so awesome.

So congratulations Canada and I have the upmost respect for Team USA and the kind of effort and passion they played with.

You couldnt ask anymore out of a hockey game. Kinda sucks its over, but back to the NHL tonight
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
What's with the medal counts? Canada beat the world. GOLD is all that matters. Silver and Bronze suck and anyone who brags about them is nuts.

6pts for a Gold
2pts for a Silver
1pt for a Bronze

#1 Canada (103 pts)
#2 USA (97 pts)
#3 Germany (93 pts)

[/u]

CanadaWins I've been wondering who that was.

No Olympic Medal sucks. Ask Joannie Rochette.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
What's with the medal counts? Canada beat the world. GOLD is all that matters. Silver and Bronze suck and anyone who brags about them is nuts.

6pts for a Gold
2pts for a Silver
1pt for a Bronze

#1 Canada (103 pts)
#2 USA (97 pts)
#3 Germany (93 pts)

[/u]

First, lets set the record straight. A few people here seem to have a revisionist view of history.

I joined back after 4 years away under my same name. No attempt to hide who I was. In the time I was back I had done nothing wrong. Simply posted about sports and other things.

I responded to a post on this thread where someone said we should be scared of Russia or something along those lines, to which I responded "Oh, I am scared". The posters who responded to that mis-understood what I said. I didn't say "OH, I am scared" in a sarcastic/cocky way, I was saying, yes I am scared. We were not playing well and Russia was a dangerous opponent since they have Ovechkin. Then out of the blue La9erFan decides to come to the rescue and I was banned once again.

This last time I signed up, as someone tried to blame on me, it wasn't I who started the trash talking.

After Canada won there were countless posts from people saying "suck my ass Canada, kiss my ass Canada, eat my junk, who cares about hockey, Canada is pathetic hockey is all they have, and so on. There have been many other times on this board where it seems common place for certain members to bash a whole country such as Canada. As a proud Canadian I am not going to stand for that. Since I wasn't going to be able to stay around anyways why would I respond kindly to those remarks.

As for LegBreaker - what f**king game were you watching? Canada playing dirty? Stop trying to make excuses as to why you lost.

As for the American Team, show a little class when you lose. Smile a little. As for Ron Wilson, ya you guys played a great tournament but saying you think both teams deserve a gold medal? Please. What is it with Americans and not being able to just straight up congratulate the other team. When you guys lost in 2002 Herb Brooks cried about how he didn't understand how Canada had such an easy road to the finale.

LegBreaker - a mod - starting crying about (and I have on clue what game he was watching) that Canada was playing dirty and getting away with it.

Since I wasn't going to be able to stay around anyways why would I respond kindly. It is of no benefit to me.
Originally posted by sidthekid:

6pts for a Gold
2pts for a Silver
1pt for a Bronze

#1 Canada (103 pts)
#2 USA (97 pts)
#3 Germany (93 pts)

[/u]

First, lets set the record straight. A few people here seem to have a revisionist view of history.

I joined back after 4 years away under my same name. No attempt to hide who I was. In the time I was back I had done nothing wrong. Simply posted about sports and other things.

I responded to a post on this thread where someone said we should be scared of Russia or something along those lines, to which I responded "Oh, I am scared". The posters who responded to that mis-understood what I said. I didn't say "OH, I am scared" in a sarcastic/cocky way, I was saying, yes I am scared. We were not playing well and Russia was a dangerous opponent since they have Ovechkin. Then out of the blue La9erFan decides to come to the rescue and I was banned once again.

This last time I signed up, as someone tried to blame on me, it wasn't I who started the trash talking.

After Canada won there were countless posts from people saying "suck my ass Canada, kiss my ass Canada, eat my junk, who cares about hockey, Canada is pathetic hockey is all they have, and so on. There have been many other times on this board where it seems common place for certain members to bash a whole country such as Canada. As a proud Canadian I am not going to stand for that. Since I wasn't going to be able to stay around anyways why would I respond kindly to those remarks.

As for LegBreaker - what f**king game were you watching? Canada playing dirty? Stop trying to make excuses as to why you lost.

As for the American Team, show a little class when you lose. Smile a little. As for Ron Wilson, ya you guys played a great tournament but saying you think both teams deserve a gold medal? Please. What is it with Americans and not being able to just straight up congratulate the other team. When you guys lost in 2002 Herb Brooks cried about how he didn't understand how Canada had such an easy road to the finale.

LegBreaker - a mod - starting crying about (and I have on clue what game he was watching) that Canada was playing dirty and getting away with it.

Since I wasn't going to be able to stay around anyways why would I respond kindly. It is of no benefit to me.

you forgot Eat s**t Canada
Originally posted by valrod33:

6pts for a Gold
2pts for a Silver
1pt for a Bronze

#1 Canada (103 pts)
#2 USA (97 pts)
#3 Germany (93 pts)

[/u]

nutty s**t no less

6pts for a Gold
2pts for a Silver
1pt for a Bronze

#1 Canada (103 pts)
#2 USA (97 pts)
#3 Germany (93 pts)

[/u]

You are right, I did forget. I believe it was you that started with the comments.
Canada won the 2010 winter olympics with more golds than any other country. Who cares about the past.

It sickens me that they list USA at the top of the medal tracker like they won the event with their silvers and tons of bronzes LMAO.

It's a medal count... you know... because they have more uhh... medals

6pts for a Gold
2pts for a Silver
1pt for a Bronze

#1 Canada (103 pts)
#2 USA (97 pts)
#3 Germany (93 pts)

[/u]

You are right, I did forget. I believe it was you that started with the comments.

So I guess that means I win the gold

6pts for a Gold
2pts for a Silver
1pt for a Bronze

#1 Canada (103 pts)
#2 USA (97 pts)
#3 Germany (93 pts)

[/u]

Legbreaker is not a mod dummy, now stop pretending to be Canadian, we don't want you, and stop acting like angel05 and stalking the site, you're making a fool out of yourself

Originally posted by dobophile:
Rather than b***h about perceived slights to your nation's honor, why not do something entertaining with your trolling? Look at the example set by elltee/IWASNTATTHECATCH.

No one likes you, man. Go away, maybe f**k yourself, I don't really care.

Oh no. People on the internet who I have never met don't like me. What am I to do? My life is over. Oh the humanity.
Originally posted by TX9R:
I think I watched a combined 3 minutes of these games. Glad it's over, winter sports just aren't interesting to watch. Unless you're a rich kid or grow up in a mountain town it's just not something you do, much less watch.

That's true. The main reason I watch is because I grew up in the mountains, I snowboard, and a few high school classmates were competing in some events.

If I had grown up anywhere else, I'm almost sure I wouldn't have given a rats ass.
Rather than b***h about perceived slights to your nation's honor, why not do something entertaining with your trolling? Look at the example set by elltee/IWASNTATTHECATCH.

Oh no. People on the internet who I have never met don't like me. What am I to do? My life is over. Oh the humanity.

So why are you here?

You'll have to wait until his newest troll incarnation to get a response.

6pts for a Gold
2pts for a Silver
1pt for a Bronze

#1 Canada (103 pts)
#2 USA (97 pts)
#3 Germany (93 pts)

[/u]

I dunno sid, you say you're Canadian, yet I have heard not one reference to an "aye" or "hoser" in your dialogue, so I do question your country of origin...

On a side note, I knew when Crosby was going down one on one with the defenseman, there was no way he wasn't gonna score. Great game by Canada, I hoped for a US upset after the second goal to send it to OT. Can't wait for the Canadian front line to make it back to San Jose and win the Stanley cup to go with their medals
Originally posted by pantstickle:

So why are you here?

You'll have to wait until his newest troll incarnation to get a response.

Same Bat Time? Same Bat Channel?
Share 49ersWebzone