LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Official 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics Thread

Great game last night.. Prob 1 of the best ive seen. Back and forth and came down to the wire. Couldnt really ask for much more from a game. American's played great but were beat by the better team yesterday. If they played again today, it could go either way... The streets here, were just rocking last night. 1 massive party.

And to the people trashing Canada over a hockey game, show some class

Great game.

Congrats to Canada!
What's with the medal counts? Canada beat the world. GOLD is all that matters. Silver and Bronze suck and anyone who brags about them is nuts.

6pts for a Gold
2pts for a Silver
1pt for a Bronze

#1 Canada (103 pts)
#2 USA (97 pts)
#3 Germany (93 pts)

[/u]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
What's with the medal counts? Canada beat the world. GOLD is all that matters. Silver and Bronze suck and anyone who brags about them is nuts.

6pts for a Gold
2pts for a Silver
1pt for a Bronze

#1 Canada (103 pts)
#2 USA (97 pts)
#3 Germany (93 pts)

[/u]

is that your personal scale?
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

6pts for a Gold
2pts for a Silver
1pt for a Bronze

#1 Canada (103 pts)
#2 USA (97 pts)
#3 Germany (93 pts)

[/u]

is that your personal scale?

Just count the golds then.

#1 Canada with 14
#2 Germany with 10
#3 USA with 9
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Great game.

Congrats to Canada!

I agree, ya'll had a hell of a team... but don't let this one win get your heads big. Here's a little reminder to help you stay grounded

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Great game.

Congrats to Canada!

I agree, ya'll had a hell of a team... but don't let this one win get your heads big. Here's a little reminder to help you stay grounded

. I love when Canadians get a big head, it's hilarious. We played a good game, great job by the youngest team at the tournament.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Great game.

Congrats to Canada!

. I love when Canadians get a big head, it's hilarious. We played a good game, great job by the youngest team at the tournament.

Big heads? Im Canadian and I had a good LOL about the "Own the Podium". I even said Summer games we stink too (and noted by Sixth above, lol). I conceded the US had a great team (I picked them to win Bronze pre-tourny) and if they played again today, could very well win.

Some people here have good things to say, like a congrads - great game (above Ninerfourniner?), but theres a lot of bellyaching coming from other posters. Saying "Canada can kiss my junk", "f**k canada" or "lets invade them" (even though you tried in 1812 and failed then )

Its a damn hockey game, lol
Canada won the 2010 winter olympics with more golds than any other country. Who cares about the past.

It sickens me that they list USA at the top of the medal tracker like they won the event with their silvers and tons of bronzes LMAO.
Originally posted by Jordache49:
Great game.

Congrats to Canada!

Big heads? Im Canadian and I had a good LOL about the "Own the Podium". I even said Summer games we stink too (and noted by Sixth above, lol). I conceded the US had a great team (I picked them to win Bronze pre-tourny) and if they played again today, could very well win.

Some people here have good things to say, like a congrads - great game (above Ninerfourniner?), but theres a lot of bellyaching coming from other posters. Saying "Canada can kiss my junk", "f**k canada" or "lets invade them" (even though you tried in 1812 and failed then )

That was more or less aimed at "the banned one" who ran his mouth off after the game talking about medal count - I'm sure he's monitoring the boards, biding his time before he signs back in to a place where he's not wanted - he's got nothing better to do.

Originally posted by Jordache49:
Great game.

Congrats to Canada!

That was more or less aimed at "the banned one" who ran his mouth off after the game talking about medal count - I'm sure he's monitoring the boards, biding his time before he signs back in to a place where he's not wanted - he's got nothing better to do.

True enough... Fuk, I look like an idiot going to bat for the guy now.. Im all for arguing or debating on here, but keep it semi-civil, lol
So I saw that little contest they call "curling" for the first time in my life. That looks like the lamest game ever invented.
Originally posted by danimal:
So I saw that little contest they call "curling" for the first time in my life. That looks like the lamest game ever invented.

Really dude? First time you've ever seen it?
Originally posted by danimal:

Really dude? First time you've ever seen it?

I am pretty certain it was. Because I had a pretty strong reaction to it, I had to keep watching for a bit because I didn't even know the name. Then when they said Curling I said whoa thats the "sport" Vernon Davis plays.

Looks like a game for retards.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I think I watched a combined 3 minutes of these games. Glad it's over, winter sports just aren't interesting to watch. Unless you're a rich kid or grow up in a mountain town it's just not something you do, much less watch.
Share 49ersWebzone