LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 337 users in the forums

Official 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics Thread

Poor Gretchen

Props to the Aussie Torah Bright though!
anyone know where to catch the highlights from the game

not the daily recap s**t on nbc either
wow the russians go down

no nabby in net though

biggest problem was the goal production for russia

I will give the American athletes this. They have an unwavering bravado that almost doesn't allow them to fail. Even when they shouldn't win a medal they do.

As always with Canadian athletes they always seem to falter when the pressure is on. I guess it goes hand in hand with our way of not being too cocky. When it comes to athletics though you need that cockiness.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

want
Originally posted by NinerFan1979:
I will give the American athletes this. They have an unwavering bravado that almost doesn't allow them to fail. Even when they shouldn't win a medal they do.

As always with Canadian athletes they always seem to falter when the pressure is on. I guess it goes hand in hand with our way of not being too cocky. When it comes to athletics though you need that cockiness.

man you need cockiness for life
Originally posted by teeohh:

man you need cockiness for life

I don't know for life, but definitely for an athlete. I am tired of watching Canadian athletes who are suppose to medal come up short.
This is pretty funny

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Own_the_Podium_–_2010

Read the last section about 2010 results.

I for one have never advocated increased government spending for things such as athletics since I never put much stock into how we perform on a international level. Just never meant much to me if we won or did.

However, since we increased funding and they are still coming up short I am a little upset.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

want

Ugly.
So I'm looking over the hockey standings and man did Russia losing to Slovakia potentially shake things up.

If Czech beats Russia, Russia will then be a 7 or possibly 8 seed going into single elimination games. If that happens, and Russia wins the first single elimination game, they will then face either the #1 or #2 seed, and loser of that games gets no medals.

So bottom line: If Russia loses to Czech on Sunday, there will be one nightmare match up in the Quarterfinals.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

want

Ugly.

want

Is that this year's Czech jersey? They have something similar for sale at icejerseys.com, but the sleeves and bottom trim are different.
USA Men's Curling is now 2-4. Maybe VD pulled a Coach Sing and dropped his drawers to get them going after they started out 0-4?
WTF NBC

Why are you showing qualifying for cross country skiing and not showing Russia take on Czech in hockey?
Jagr got f**ked up by Ovechkin
Share 49ersWebzone