There are 213 users in the forums

WZ Showdown!!! Lakers vs Celtics

• jrg
  • Veteran
Lakers..........

Originally posted by Joecool:
A Laker loss is always a good loss. Almost had fellas. Don't worry, I don't like Fishers game either. LoL
f**king Lakers only lose by a possession against the Celtics without Kobe

Sitting Kobe out until he is healthy might be the most important thing Phil and Kobe have done all year.

Too bad Lebron will eat them in the finals
Originally posted by valrod33:
Celtics by 1
Originally posted by jrg:
Derek Fisher..........

Fixed.
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Sitting Kobe out until he is healthy might be the most important thing Phil and Kobe have done all year.

You know they only beat them by 1 possession WITH Kobe....

I don't think Kobe being out has very much affect in terms of them being competative. Where it really hurts is when they that one or two shots for the win after they have kept the game close.
How's Pau's ribs? :) I love Kendrick's intensity.
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by SLICK:

In Boston. There's no way Ray Allen shoots like that with Kobe guarding him. Last nights game isn't even close with a healthy Kobe playing.

Well Kobe played Rondo for most of the game when they met the 1st time. And again....the Lakers won by a basket WITH Kobe. I would hardly say that any Celtics/Lakers game wouldn't be close.

In Boston. There's no way Ray Allen shoots like that with Kobe guarding him. Last nights game isn't even close with a healthy Kobe playing.

Well Kobe played Rondo for most of the game when they met the 1st time. And again....the Lakers won by a basket WITH Kobe. I would hardly say that any Celtics/Lakers game wouldn't be close.

You think the Celtics would beat them in the finals?

Originally posted by foreign49er:

If KG's 100% healthy they can beat anyone.
  • SLICK
  • Veteran

Assuming the Celtics got to the Finals....I think they could win. Yes.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

eh, i really dont think so. The thing is, i dont think KG gets "100% healthy" anymore. He is getting old, those nagging injuries are just part of his age. Just like Kobe, they are both kind of losing ground in the same way. Neither are as good as they were 2-3 years ago when they met the first time.

BUT, the ways in which Kobe has regressed are not as important to the Lakers as KG is to the Celts. Losing Posey, Allen's streaky shooting etc, the celtics are not as good as they were. I think the Lakers are better, at least up front. Artest gives us that punch that we lacked in 08, and an inconsistent Bynum is better than no Bynum. Lakers win this series if it went down, guaranteed.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

eh, i really dont think so. The thing is, i dont think KG gets "100% healthy" anymore. He is getting old, those nagging injuries are just part of his age. Just like Kobe, they are both kind of losing ground in the same way. Neither are as good as they were 2-3 years ago when they met the first time.

BUT, the ways in which Kobe has regressed are not as important to the Lakers as KG is to the Celts. Losing Posey, Allen's streaky shooting etc, the celtics are not as good as they were. I think the Lakers are better, at least up front. Artest gives us that punch that we lacked in 08, and an inconsistent Bynum is better than no Bynum. Lakers win this series if it went down, guaranteed.

I see a lot more bounce in his play recently than earlier in the season. They're going to do everything they can to limit his minutes and get him 100% healthy in time for the playoffs..so if everything goes as plans we'll see then.
Share 49ersWebzone