There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Herschel Walker scheduled for fight Jan. 30

Quote:
The 47-year-old Heisman Trophy winner, who makes his MMA debut Jan. 30 in Sunrise, Fla., has been all over television and radio.

What makes Herschel think he has a fighting chance? Seems like a nice guy and I hate to see him get hurt. Herschel - call in sick.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Herschel-Walker-earning-his-money-with-Strikefor?urn=mma,213441
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Jan 29, 2010 at 8:25 PM ]
Herschel is a freak of an athlete. I think he will have a chance. But damn 47 years old??? Good for him.
i read that Jean-claude van damme is gonna give mma a try as well
Originally posted by miked1978:
Herschel is a freak of an athlete. I think he will have a chance. But damn 47 years old??? Good for him.

just saw it. win by TKO. landed 73% vs 19% and the walker was ripped. he looked prepared.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

just saw it. win by TKO. landed 73% vs 19% and the walker was ripped. he looked prepared.

Was I ever wrong.

Sounds as if he pounded him into submission.

Nexr fight?
Originally posted by RogerCraig:

Was I ever wrong.

Sounds as if he pounded him into submission.

Nexr fight?

yea, Walker was always on the offensive. The other guy just didn't do anything. He was bleeding like crazy a minute in.

He looked like f**kin' Mr. Universe. I can't believe that dude is 47.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

He looked like f**kin' Mr. Universe. I can't believe that dude is 47.

Do they test?
Yeah, Herschel owned that dude. I think a more experienced fighter would have taken advantage of Hercshel's sloppyness, but at 47, dudes amazing.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Yeah, Herschel owned that dude. I think a more experienced fighter would have taken advantage of Hercshel's sloppyness, but at 47, dudes amazing.

he looks like he only in his 30s. But yea, he wouldn't have had it so easy with a different fighter.
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:

No sh!t. He looks like he could still suit up and get 100 yards a game.
No offense to the other guy, but a decent fighter would probably have gotten him in a reverse submission.

The guy almost got Herschel in an ankle lock a la how Mir got Lesnar in their first fight. Lesnar wasn't familiar with all phases of the game at that point, you could tell.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
No offense to the other guy, but a decent fighter would probably have gotten him in a reverse submission.

The guy almost got Herschel in an ankle lock a la how Mir got Lesnar in their first fight. Lesnar wasn't familiar with all phases of the game at that point, you could tell.

Agreed...Walker got sloppy a few times and left himself vulnerable to an ankle lock, but his opponent wasn't highly skilled and didn't look physically strong enough to maintain it anyway.

That said, Walker looked amazing for a guy his age, and if he keeps it up, he could eventually be a pretty entertaining fighter.