There are 244 users in the forums

Tracy McGrady starting the all star game

The NBA is getting harder and harder to watch since Jordan left. Why in the world would the league allow TMac to even be on the ballot when he hasn't played all year? Why do the fans get 100% of the power over who starts and the coaches only get the bench?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/12/10/mcgrady.allstar.ap/index.html

[ Edited by matt49er on Dec 10, 2009 at 20:40:45 ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
T-Mac

Good luck guarding LeBron
What does a player who hasn't played a single game have to do with the league getting harder and harder to watch?

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.
Why in the hell was he on the ballott in the first place.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Why in the hell was he on the ballott in the first place.

Because he's the highest paid player in the league.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Uh, this is no surprise

Shaq started the 2006 All-Star game despite playing in maybe 5 games before the All-Star break and having a terrible season.

It's reputation, don't sweat it.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
what the f**k?
Stupid fans. If he gets in over Deron on the roster I'm gonna be reallyl pissed.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
What does a player who hasn't played a single game have to do with the league getting harder and harder to watch?

Seriously though, the NBA all-star voting is a joke. If he actually plays in it, I'll hate him more.
I hate fan voting. How anyone can vote for T-Mac is beyond me.

Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Seriously though, the NBA all-star voting is a joke. If he actually plays in it, I'll hate him more.

People need to remember that it's a popularity contest. Not a measure of who is the best that season. It's literally a popularity contest.
He's got... Street Cred?
I'm not even that mad at the fans being able to vote. The thing to me is why do they make the ballot so early? T-Mac should not even be on the ballot.

We can't even get Tyreke Evans (20-5-5) on the ballot. Not saying he's starter worthy, but come on.
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SacRock14:
I'm not even that mad at the fans being able to vote. The thing to me is why do they make the ballot so early? T-Mac should not even be on the ballot.

We can't even get Tyreke Evans (20-5-5) on the ballot. Not saying he's starter worthy, but come on.

Tyreke is definitely worthy of a spot...starter or not.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I hate fan voting. How anyone can vote for T-Mac is beyond me.

yeah fan voting is stupid

i just voted for anyone that played for uconn
Share 49ersWebzone