LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

status of barry bonds trial--what do you think/hope happens

I will say it's funny how Pujols has been linked to Roger Clemens' trainer but the story never stuck. Probably because Albert is a "nice guy" and Barry was a "mean jerk".

How did an overweight, pudgy, guy like Pujols who gets drafted in the 13th round magically develop into this generation's best RH Power hitter?

I'm sure he's clean. Just as clean as McGwire.

[ Edited by Lockout on Mar 24, 2011 at 19:23:56 ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
couldn't care less
Btw, to all the brainless Barry haters, I suggest you read this

Some fun snippets of how the ""unbiased" government handled this:

Quote:
A talented high jumper who played college basketball, Novitzky had grown up not far from Bonds on the San Francisco peninsula. Bonds had long been both popular and controversial in the Bay Area. The ballplayer filled stadiums and awed fans, but many locals found him less a Hank Aaron than a modern-day Ty Cobb—his talent matched by his surly demeanor.

Novitzky seemed to take the superstar’s cavalier treatment of the media and fans as a personal affront, and his raw comments about the legendary black baseball player made some colleagues uneasy. Novitzky never expressed irritation at Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco or the numerous other lighter-skinned pro athletes widely suspected of steroid use.

Quote:
Just weeks after White went undercover, he, Novitzky and other agents met at the San Jose federal building with the assistant U.S. attorney overseeing the case, Jeff Nedrow. Novitzky named the targets of the investigation: Bonds, Jason Giambi and other major leaguers. Working undercover, White was soon lifting weights with Bonds’s trainer, Greg Anderson. By late May 2003 Novitzky was so thrilled that he boasted to the two drug task-force agents about his hope to participate in a book and become famous. White also overheard the conversation. “He envisioned congressional hearings, book deals and TV,” said the lead task-force agent. “I was uncomfortable with that.”

“It was turned into a publicity stunt,” said another task-force agent, who found the idea that the IRS agent hoped to become a celebrity or profit from the case to be a clear violation of the investigator’s professional code. “We don’t chase headlines.”

Quote:
A week before that scheduled meeting Rains said the prosecutor left the following voice mail: “Why don’t you come about two to three hours before the scheduled grand-jury appearance. We’ll let you look at the documents then. I’ll see you at 10 o’clock.”

Rains and his driver arrived early on the morning of December 4, 2003 to pick up Bonds at his Hillsborough home. The next stop was a San Francisco police station more than a mile from the courthouse. The government wanted Novitzky to play chauffeur to Bonds on the day of his grand-jury testimony.

“Novitzky was in his federal car,” said Rains. “Barry and I jumped into the car, and Novitzky said hi.”

The IRS agent drove, Rains in front, Bonds in back. “Novitzky was fuming,” recalled Rains. “He was all hot and bothered. Barry was saying, ‘Mike, we can’t trust these guys.’”

When the sedan arrived at the federal building, “Novitzky did this 20- to 30-second wait,” said Rains. The cameras pushed in. Rains said Bonds started screaming at Novitzky, “Get this motherf**king car moving! This is f**king bulls**t!”

Quote:

On October 16, 2003 Novitzky’s investigation took a bizarre turn. Behind the scenes, unknown to the public following the story, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) opened an investigation of none other than Novitzky and his fellow agents. Six hundred of the approximately $60,000 in cash seized from Anderson was missing. Neither Novitzky nor the other IRS agents implicated would cooperate with the TIGTA investigators without lawyers.

Coincidentally, that very same day, Novitzky, under oath, gave his first testimony for the grand jury about BALCO:
So if I hate Bonds, I'm brainless?
Originally posted by pantstickle:

I'd suggest reading the article.
Originally posted by Lockout:

Can't. I'm at work, and that link is to playboy. Also, I don't care enough to.
I will say it's funny how Pujols has been linked to Roger Clemens' trainer but the story never stuck. Probably because Albert is a "nice guy" and Barry was a "mean jerk".

How did an overweight, pudgy, guy like Pujols who gets drafted in the 13th round magically develop into this generation's best RH Power hitter?

I'm sure he's clean. Just as clean as McGwire.

Hey! Look this way instead!

Yeah, the link is to playboy, but it's a news article written by a freelance journalist.

You could learn a lot from reading the quotes provided.

Yeah, the link is to playboy, but it's a news article written by a freelance journalist.

By the way, "not caring enough to" = I've already read the one sided argument against Bonds, and have my mind made up without hearing his side.

Way to be impartial there, Mod!

By the way, "not caring enough to" = I've already read the one sided argument against Bonds, and have my mind made up without hearing his side.

What about me moderating this site means that I have to be impartial to Barry Bonds, or anything not pertaining to this forum?

And yeah, I'm very sure the guy cheated, so I don't care to read anything else about it. It's more fun to me if he's a villain.

All I'm saying is that steroids doesn't make your hand-eye coordination better. Or give you the best baseball swing ever seen.

What about me moderating this site means that I have to be impartial to Barry Bonds, or anything not pertaining to this forum?

And yeah, I'm very sure the guy cheated, so I don't care to read anything else about it. It's more fun to me if he's a villain.

Since when did being clean have anything to do with the charges against him?

Your stance is that because you believe he juiced, he should be found guilty whether he is guilty of the charges or not. Nice citizen you are!
Btw, to all the brainless Barry haters, I suggest you read this

Some fun snippets of how the ""unbiased" government handled this:

Quote:
A talented high jumper who played college basketball, Novitzky had grown up not far from Bonds on the San Francisco peninsula. Bonds had long been both popular and controversial in the Bay Area. The ballplayer filled stadiums and awed fans, but many locals found him less a Hank Aaron than a modern-day Ty Cobb—his talent matched by his surly demeanor.

Novitzky seemed to take the superstar’s cavalier treatment of the media and fans as a personal affront, and his raw comments about the legendary black baseball player made some colleagues uneasy. Novitzky never expressed irritation at Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco or the numerous other lighter-skinned pro athletes widely suspected of steroid use.

Quote:
Just weeks after White went undercover, he, Novitzky and other agents met at the San Jose federal building with the assistant U.S. attorney overseeing the case, Jeff Nedrow. Novitzky named the targets of the investigation: Bonds, Jason Giambi and other major leaguers. Working undercover, White was soon lifting weights with Bonds’s trainer, Greg Anderson. By late May 2003 Novitzky was so thrilled that he boasted to the two drug task-force agents about his hope to participate in a book and become famous. White also overheard the conversation. “He envisioned congressional hearings, book deals and TV,” said the lead task-force agent. “I was uncomfortable with that.”

“It was turned into a publicity stunt,” said another task-force agent, who found the idea that the IRS agent hoped to become a celebrity or profit from the case to be a clear violation of the investigator’s professional code. “We don’t chase headlines.”

Quote:
A week before that scheduled meeting Rains said the prosecutor left the following voice mail: “Why don’t you come about two to three hours before the scheduled grand-jury appearance. We’ll let you look at the documents then. I’ll see you at 10 o’clock.”

Rains and his driver arrived early on the morning of December 4, 2003 to pick up Bonds at his Hillsborough home. The next stop was a San Francisco police station more than a mile from the courthouse. The government wanted Novitzky to play chauffeur to Bonds on the day of his grand-jury testimony.

“Novitzky was in his federal car,” said Rains. “Barry and I jumped into the car, and Novitzky said hi.”

The IRS agent drove, Rains in front, Bonds in back. “Novitzky was fuming,” recalled Rains. “He was all hot and bothered. Barry was saying, ‘Mike, we can’t trust these guys.’”

When the sedan arrived at the federal building, “Novitzky did this 20- to 30-second wait,” said Rains. The cameras pushed in. Rains said Bonds started screaming at Novitzky, “Get this motherf**king car moving! This is f**king bulls**t!”

Quote:

On October 16, 2003 Novitzky’s investigation took a bizarre turn. Behind the scenes, unknown to the public following the story, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) opened an investigation of none other than Novitzky and his fellow agents. Six hundred of the approximately $60,000 in cash seized from Anderson was missing. Neither Novitzky nor the other IRS agents implicated would cooperate with the TIGTA investigators without lawyers.

Coincidentally, that very same day, Novitzky, under oath, gave his first testimony for the grand jury about BALCO:

You can hate the prosecutors, the media, etc, etc all you want we all know Barry Bonds guilty of doing steriods.

This is a witch hunt, a waste of money, and I don't want to see Bond's in jail, but call a spade a spade. He's a roider.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
All I'm saying is that steroids doesn't make your hand-eye coordination better. Or give you the best baseball swing ever seen.

It makes you stronger, which increases bat speed, which makes the balls you hit go further, which means you have more homeruns. It's either naive, or blind homerism, to think that steroids doesn't improve hitting.

Or did Brady Anderson forget how to hit homeruns when he stopped using 'roids?
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Yep, there's been countless research done to show that steroids don't help you anymore than greenies, do, and Hank Aaron has admitted to the use of those.

But Barry is such a bad guy!
Share 49ersWebzone