There are 275 users in the forums

Best NBA Throwbacks?

Originally posted by crzy:
NBA players used to be allowed to wear jewelery while playing. Like Jordan's necklace and I think Gervin used to wear a necklace on some of the old highlight videos.

In baseball they still allow jewelry, but the NBA and NFL banned them.

that picture is $$$
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Warriors the City is the best.
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by teeohh:
He's not talking about the players. For him, throwback means 30+ years old, am I right dobo?

Yes.

Tough code to crack.

And MT, every major city probably has a jazz festival, but do you really think Jazz is as relevant in SLC as it is in New Orleans? It just makes WAY more sense to have the Jazz in New Orleans.

And James, I'm sorry, but your team isn't old enough to have throwbacks. Don't take it so personally, it's a relatively new franchise.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
He's not talking about the players. For him, throwback means 30+ years old, am I right dobo?

Yes.

Tough code to crack.

And MT, every major city probably has a jazz festival, but do you really think Jazz is as relevant in SLC as it is in New Orleans? It just makes WAY more sense to have the Jazz in New Orleans.

And James, I'm sorry, but your team isn't old enough to have throwbacks. Don't take it so personally, it's a relatively new franchise.

No its not but the same thing can be said about the Lakers name as well. It doesn't work for LA at all but people never b***h about that they always b***h about the Jazz its ridiculous.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Yes.

Tough code to crack.

No its not but the same thing can be said about the Lakers name as well. It doesn't work for LA at all but people never b***h about that they always b***h about the Jazz its ridiculous.

Hey, I'm all for changing the Lakers to the Bandwagons, or the TV Opportunity.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Just bought this

Link

$39.99
I thought linking the SLC jazz festival was pretty funny.

Ok, then. Utah should be called the Lakers, New Orleans should be called the Jazz, and the Lakers should be called the Fish Sticks.

It was the only way I could counter what you said. lol
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by jrg:
^ Eh, throwback implies a long-ago era to me. The Magic uniforms are from the Shaq and Penny days. Laughable distortion of the very idea of throwbacks, IMO, but whatever.

Anyway, Utah should not be called the Jazz. Most inappropriate nickname in the NBA. At least there actually are lakes in SoCal.

I don't care if Bugs Bunny and Tasmanian Devil played for the Magic.

I'm talking about the jersey..not the wins, history, players, etc.

This thread is for best NBA Throwback JERSEY.

He mentioned Shaq/Penny.

Throwback could be a jersey the team wore yesterday.

I guess he just has a different opinion.

yeah it doesn't have to be 30+ years old. aren't those hardwood classics ? i still think those black pinstriped magics jerseys are the best. the bulls 89 come in a close 2nd
Share 49ersWebzone