LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 208 users in the forums

Manny vs Mayweather ??

Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I wouldn't mind seeing Tim Bradley vs Pac. I'd pay to see that.

You are in the very, very small minority with that. Maybe you are just saying that to be different. Bob Arum is a chump. Instead of Pac Man fighting Mayweather, he is fighting Bradley? Eff that. Because he hasn't fought a "real" black fighter? No thanks, that isn't good enough. The PPV numbers will be good because every Asian will purchase the fight but overall the interest for that fight is minimal.

Floyd fighting Cotto is a little intriguing, but we know the outcome of that. Too bad the public won't boycott both of these fights.

agreed and I'll bet my status on the zone that Floyd/Cotto (which is slightly intriguing) will do much much better than Manny/Bradley.

You know how much of a fan I am of Pac, but I agree with you 100%. s**t, I might even go and order the Floyd/Cotto fight and pass on the Pac/Bradley one.
Then why not fight Sergio at 150. I know he's fighting in March but he'd cancel that fight if he was gonna fight Manny. I'd rather see Manny fight a bunch of other people over Tim Bradley such as Victor Ortiz, JMM4, King Serg and I'm sure Ginger would go to 150 to fight him also. He wanted to fight Cotto at 147 or less which made no sense since he fought Margarito at 150. I'm fairly confident King Serg and Ginger would both be willing to go to 150 to fight Manny.

I know he won't fight Khan cuz of Roach but I'd rather see him fight a better opponent than Bradley.

Man, I wish Pac would fight one of those instead of weakass Bradley
who wants to fight King Serg?

NoooooooooooooooooooooooooBoddddddddddaaaaayyyyyyyy
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame

I agree with that. Floyd and Manny don't want a piece of him.

I think King Serg will end up fighting Ginger and Cotto by the end of next year.
[ Edited by Amir on Feb 2, 2012 at 3:51 PM ]
Then why not fight Sergio at 150. I know he's fighting in March but he'd cancel that fight if he was gonna fight Manny. I'd rather see Manny fight a bunch of other people over Tim Bradley such as Victor Ortiz, JMM4, King Serg and I'm sure Ginger would go to 150 to fight him also. He wanted to fight Cotto at 147 or less which made no sense since he fought Margarito at 150. I'm fairly confident King Serg and Ginger would both be willing to go to 150 to fight Manny.

I know he won't fight Khan cuz of Roach but I'd rather see him fight a better opponent than Bradley.

Sexy Sergio said he wouldn't fight Mayweather at 150 in May. In November or December, yeah he would in a heartbeat but he'd be killing himself trying to make 150 by May 5th. I don't see Mayweather stepping up to him until after Pac anyway, once he's made the biggest payday of his life, then he might be willing to take a risk (or not). Honestly unless Sergio shows serious signs of wearing down I heavily doubt he'll ever get a chance at May or Pac.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by theGOAT:

Sexy Sergio said he wouldn't fight Mayweather at 150 in May. In November or December, yeah he would in a heartbeat but he'd be killing himself trying to make 150 by May 5th. I don't see Mayweather stepping up to him until after Pac anyway, once he's made the biggest payday of his life, then he might be willing to take a risk (or not). Honestly unless Sergio shows serious signs of wearing down I heavily doubt he'll ever get a chance at May or Pac.

The biggest reason Mayweather chose Cotto is because he's the biggest name in boxing outside of may/pac.I really wish he had chosen King Serg at 154 but I understand it.
The biggest reason Mayweather chose Cotto is because he's the biggest name in boxing outside of may/pac.I really wish he had chosen King Serg at 154 but I understand it.

Well yeah name recognition had something to do with it but we know he's scared of getting that first L and Sexy Sergio actually stands a good chance of making that happen. Cotto not so much.

I think King Serg will end up fighting Ginger and Cotto by the end of next year.

Chavez Jr was like ,''Yeah! I'll fight you , maaan!''

and Freddy Roach was holding him back like,''Whoa, whao , whoa.....hold on...''
I've been to the last 5 Pac fights. Pac/Bradley, I will not fork out the dough to watch. Seeing a potential Bradley/Pac fight open at such wide odds makes me think all the more that it'll be fixed. I'd rather pay to watch May/Cotto...even though May wins an easy UD, 8 or 9 rounds to 3-4.
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
I've been to the last 5 Pac fights. Pac/Bradley, I will not fork out the dough to watch. Seeing a potential Bradley/Pac fight open at such wide odds makes me think all the more that it'll be fixed. I'd rather pay to watch May/Cotto...even though May wins an easy UD, 8 or 9 rounds to 3-4.

I'll probably definitely pay for Mayweather/Cotto not because I'm overly hyped about the fight, it's alright I guess, but because it will probably play in theaters and also because GBP usually puts together some nice undercards. Bradley/Pac is getting streamed.

I thought they are setting up for a JCC Jr/King Serg fight in July on the condition they both win their upcoming fights? It's b/c the WB (insert letter here) ordered they had to have a deal set for a fight since Serg is the mandatory challenger, but they both had committed to fights, so they agreed to sign a fight for the summer?
Originally posted by theGOAT:
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:

I'll probably definitely pay for Mayweather/Cotto not because I'm overly hyped about the fight, it's alright I guess, but because it will probably play in theaters and also because GBP usually puts together some nice undercards. Bradley/Pac is getting streamed.

Why not see the PBF/Cotto fight in theaters? it's on a huge screen, and it only costs 16 bucks rather than 60 bucks. As for the Bradley/Manny fight, not even gonna stream it. I hope other ppl boycott it too so Arum knows not to f**k with the fanbase anymore and give us PBF/Pacman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

I thought they are setting up for a JCC Jr/King Serg fight in July on the condition they both win their upcoming fights? It's b/c the WB (insert letter here) ordered they had to have a deal set for a fight since Serg is the mandatory challenger, but they both had committed to fights, so they agreed to sign a fight for the summer?
Yeah. It might happen, but man....I'm not sure anyone wants to see Chavez jr get slaughtered.
Maybe a few years under Roach, he'll be ok. Right now......
Yeah. It might happen, but man....I'm not sure anyone wants to see Chavez jr get slaughtered.
Maybe a few years under Roach, he'll be ok. Right now......

I dunno, I think King Serg is slowing down, his last fight was so-so...that and JCC Jr doesn't have a real challenge on Sat while Serg is fighting a pretty good Macklin who will be fighting on St. Patricks Day in NYC, therefore will be in the "Lamont Peterson" role, lol!!!

If they fight in summer, I could see JCC Jr pulling off the upset
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Manny has agreed to fight Bradley on June 9th.

Since we won't get the matchup we all wanted, what fight are you more looking forward to? Manny/Bradley or Floyd/Cotto?
Share 49ersWebzone