There are 125 users in the forums

Manny vs Mayweather ??

As much as all of you are blaming Arum, I hate to say it, but I have to blame Pacquiao...man, that hurt saying out loud

Not only did he lose out on the PBF fight, lost a Cotto rematch which would have been pretty interesting with Cotto's reemergence, and now he's making a deal to fight TIM BRADLEY?!?! REALLY?!?!?!?!

Pac was too loyal to Arum, forgot Arum WORKS for HIM, not the other way around. Pac needed to step up and get it done, but he failed and now is fighting a guy who is more famous for ducking a Khan fight b/c his"28-0" record means jackshyt!!!

This will be the first time that I will not watch one of his fights since the second Morales fight, not b/c I can't afford it, but I refuse to support this bullshyt attitude he allows Arum to exhibit.
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Is it sad I'm more excited about Rios vs Gamboa in April?

At what weight? Isn't Gamboa doing like 126 right now? And Rios can't even make 135 anymore.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lol "Mrs. Pacman"
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
So who's Manny going to fight next?

Is he going to wait until Ployd comes out of ''jail''?

Knowing Bob Arum, he will make Manny fight Tim Bradley so he can once again, keep the fight "in-house" and keep all the profits.
Originally posted by Amir:

Knowing Bob Arum, he will make Manny fight Tim Bradley so he can once again, keep the fight "in-house" and keep all the profits.

Yup, that's the fight that will go down in June. An in house fight that will make that shady crook Arum a bunch of money. Can't stand that guy... he is the single biggest reason the biggest fight of this era won't go down. Inexcusable
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

Tim Bradley is a local boy. Was just talking to his dad/trainer the other day at Stater Brothers.

His dad was the security guard at my HS. I remember him bringing Tim by when he was in elementary school and he'd tell us, "My boy's gonna be champ one day"
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Feb 2, 2012 at 8:08 AM ]
Pacman is SCURRED
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
pac should just retire..

hellz no

he's going to lose.. the longer this is delayed.. the better it is for mayweather.. it's playing right into his hands

and this is coming from the biggest pacman fan..
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Pacman is SCURRED

yea. Mayweather's size, defense and counter punching would be pacmans undoing.
Originally posted by sacniner:

Yup, that's the fight that will go down in June. An in house fight that will make that shady crook Arum a bunch of money. Can't stand that guy... he is the single biggest reason the biggest fight of this era won't go down. Inexcusable

I wouldn't mind seeing Tim Bradley vs Pac. I'd pay to see that.

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Pacman is SCURRED

agreed although it would still be a great fight.

Really??? You say Cotto is overrated but you wanna see Tim Bradley?? He's never faced Khan or Maidana at 140 and would be moving up to 147 to face Pacman. Bradley is the most overrated fighter.
Pacman is SCURRED

Really??? You say Cotto is overrated but you wanna see Tim Bradley?? He's never faced Khan or Maidana at 140 and would be moving up to 147 to face Pacman. Bradley is the most overrated fighter.

yeah but PBF said that Manny never fought a ''real'' black fighter, whatever that meant.
Pac cannot fight Khan because they're both under Roach.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Pacman is SCURRED

yeah but PBF said that Manny never fought a ''real'' black fighter, whatever that meant.
Pac cannot fight Khan because they're both under Roach.

Then why not fight Sergio at 150. I know he's fighting in March but he'd cancel that fight if he was gonna fight Manny. I'd rather see Manny fight a bunch of other people over Tim Bradley such as Victor Ortiz, JMM4, King Serg and I'm sure Ginger would go to 150 to fight him also. He wanted to fight Cotto at 147 or less which made no sense since he fought Margarito at 150. I'm fairly confident King Serg and Ginger would both be willing to go to 150 to fight Manny.

I know he won't fight Khan cuz of Roach but I'd rather see him fight a better opponent than Bradley.

You are in the very, very small minority with that. Maybe you are just saying that to be different. Bob Arum is a chump. Instead of Pac Man fighting Mayweather, he is fighting Bradley? Eff that. Because he hasn't fought a "real" black fighter? No thanks, that isn't good enough. The PPV numbers will be good because every Asian will purchase the fight but overall the interest for that fight is minimal.

Floyd fighting Cotto is a little intriguing, but we know the outcome of that. Too bad the public won't boycott both of these fights.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sacniner:

You are in the very, very small minority with that. Maybe you are just saying that to be different. Bob Arum is a chump. Instead of Pac Man fighting Mayweather, he is fighting Bradley? Eff that. Because he hasn't fought a "real" black fighter? No thanks, that isn't good enough. The PPV numbers will be good because every Asian will purchase the fight but overall the interest for that fight is minimal.

Floyd fighting Cotto is a little intriguing, but we know the outcome of that. Too bad the public won't boycott both of these fights.

agreed and I'll bet my status on the zone that Floyd/Cotto (which is slightly intriguing) will do much much better than Manny/Bradley.
Share 49ersWebzone