There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

All TIME NBA MOCK DRAFT

After acquiring Thomas, Harpring and Gilliam for Cassell, Oakley and Ratliff, here is the Kings roster. Thanks.

Kings(SacRock14)
PG- Isiah Thomas 84-85 Pistons
SG- Dominique Wilkins 90-91 Hawks
SF- Elgin Baylor 60-61 Lakers
PF- Walt Bellamy 61-62 Chicago Packers
C- Marcus Camby 07-08 Nuggets
Bench- Bailey Howell 62-63 Pistons
Bench- Nick Van Exel 99-00 Nuggets
Bench- Peja Stojakovic 03-04 Kings
Bench- Paul Pressey 84-85 Bucks
Bench- Zach Randolph 03-04 Blazers
Bench- Jerome Kersey 87-88 Blazers
Bench- Gheorghe Muresan 95-96 Bullets
DNP- Scott Skiles 90-91 Magic
DNP- Matt Harpring 02-03 Jazz
DNP- Armon Gilliam 95-96 Nets

Depth Chart/Minutes Breakdown
PG Isiah Thomas (38) / Paul Pressey (8) / Nick Van Exel (2)
SG Dominique Wilkins (38) / Paul Pressey (10)
SF Elgin Baylor (38) / Peja Stojakovic (8) / Jerome Kersey (2) / Bailey Howell (0)
PF Walt Bellamy (36) / Zach Randolph (10) / Jerome Kersey (2)
C Marcus Camby (34) / Zach Randolph (8) / Gheorghe Muresan (6)

DNP: Armon Gilliam, Scott Skiles, Matt Harpring
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
New lineup and minutes for the Jazz

PG Sam Cassell (39) / Rickey Green (9)
SG Paul Arizin (29) / Darrell Griffith (11) / Larry Hughes (8)
SF Adrian Dantley (30) / Michael Finley (18)
PF Elton Brand (32) / Charles Oakley (10) Shareef Abdur-Rahim (6)
C Jermaine O'Neal (32) / Theo Ratliff (16)

DNP: Phil Jackson, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Olden Polynice

Forgot to put what years I want for the new players. I want 97-98 Cassell, 98-99 Ratliff, and 93-94 Charles Oakley.

[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Mar 31, 2010 at 16:32:40 ]
George McGinnis has been stinking it up for me.

i'm going to start playing James Edwards. 78-79 season for the pacers.

PG - Gary Payton (38) / Andre Miller (10)
SG - Lou Hudson (30) / Nick Anderson (18)
SF - Mark Aguirre (33) / Bob Love (15)
PF - Chris Webber (35) / Zelmo Beaty (13)
C- Bill Russell (35) / James Edwards (13)

DNP

Dell Curry, Jim Paxson, Campy Russell. George McGinnis
Since I don't want the few guys who are simming these games to get burnt out, I thought I'd do a picture breakdown of how to sim games on whatifsports so the rest of the members of this league can help out too.

Let's get started. First go to whatifsports.com

Next click either the "Join" button at the top right of the screen. If you've already joined, just login.

If you're joining, hit the join button to the left and go through the process. It's very similar to joining the webzone, so I assume everyone on here will be able to do this. After you join, go to your email and activate the account.

Once your account has been activated, go to the drop bar near the top of the page titled "Sim Matchup". Then select "Dream Teams" from the bottom of the bar.

Scroll down to the NBA section and you'll see three available spots to upload the rosters. Click on one.

Next, you'll see a screen with 12 "click to draft" spots. Click the first one.

Next, open a separate browser window to the first page of this thread and find the team you want to upload. Make the browser thin enough just so you can see the team you are using and put it off to the side of your other browser window. For this example I will be using the Bucks.

As you can see, I start with the first player on the roster and input his name into the whatifsports first name and last name search parameters (usually you won't need to enter both the names to find the player (entering Magic in just the first name here would have been suffice)). Now click "search player database".

You'll now see the list of all the years Magic Johnson played. Pick the correct one that corresponds to the team you are simming. In this case it's 1988-89. Now click the "+" sign to the left of that player.

Repeat these steps until all the players are entered. You'll need to enter exactly 12 players. Once you've entered the twelve players the screen will queue you to enter the team name. Do so and click the save team button.

Once you've done this for both teams you are simming, go back to the "dream team" screen and click the "+" next to the team which is playing home. In this case, I will be using the Lakers at Suns. So I click on the "+" next to the Suns (notice that I still have the first page of this thread opened in a window next to my main browser window).

Now, I'm going to click the "edit depth chart" button corresponding to the home Suns.

A depth chart and minutes will pop-up. Use the corresponding players and minutes the owner wishes. In this case, be very careful with Sixth's team, for he will double check your work. After you're done, scroll down on your pop-up depth chart window and click the "set depth chart" button.

I've had trouble sometimes with the depth chart not loading in the main window in whatifsports, so double check to make sure it worked.

Now hit the "Dream Teams" button directly above the away team section.

Scroll down and find your away team. In this case it's the Lakers.

Hit the edit depth chart button

Like above, make sure his minutes, players, and positions correspond to his wishes. When you're done, hit the "set depth chart" button.

Now you are almost ready to go. Make sure you click the "Generate Play-by-Play" check-mark. Now click the "Play Game" button.

Unfortunately for Sixth, this game doesn't count. However, if this were a real game, go to the address bar and copy the address. Before you click out of the boxscore page, scroll down and click on the "save game" link on the bottom of the page. Now go to the zone and link the webpage in the game thread by pasting the link you copied.

[ Edited by AmpLee on Apr 2, 2010 at 15:39:30 ]
Nice. Yours is way better than the one I was doing.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

You should have seen the one Sixth has been working on in Microsoft Paint.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by pantstickle:

You should have seen the one Sixth has been working on in Microsoft Paint.

I'm sure it would have been hilarious.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
You guys are awesome. Thanks AmpLee for the tutorial
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Free Agency will officially begin on Saturday April 3 (Tomorrow) at 12 PM Pacific Time.
AM I the only one who cant wait to do this again?

Originally posted by AmpLee:
A depth chart and minutes will pop-up. Use the corresponding players and minutes the owner wishes. In this case, be very careful with Sixth's team, for he will double check your work.

You b*****d
The Phoenix Suns waive Bill Cartwright and sign free agent Mickey Johnson, the dude in the middle of this picture.

• crzy
  • Veteran
The Warriors will cut Gary Grant and sign Hall of Famer Tommy Heinsohn.

GIVE HIM A TOMMY POINT
The Jazz waive Phil Jackson and sign 99-00 Byron Russell.
I also waive Olden Polynice and sign 90-91 Tyrone Corbin.