There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

World Series Champions NY Yankees Season Thread 95-67

and how do we start it off? With Joe Girardi helping a woman after she got in a car accident while he was driving home from the Stadium last night.

link

[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Oct 3, 2010 at 20:32:43 ]
Who are the Yankee free agents this year? Matsui? Who else?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

does it matter?

they'll sign whoever they want.

*me being jealous*

Pettitte, Nady, Hairston Jr, Damon, Jose Molina, and Sergio Mitre are the ones I can think of at the moment.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
The best thing about this is I don't have to hear about baseball for a while on sports shows. Boooooring.
So how does one become a 49er and Yankee fan? Did this start in the 80s when both were powers and you just wanted to root for the best teams? Are the Lakers your favorite team in the NBA? Just curious.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
So how does one become a 49er and Yankee fan? Did this start in the 80s when both were powers and you just wanted to root for the best teams? Are the Lakers your favorite team in the NBA? Just curious.

I'm guilty of being a 49er/Yankee/Laker fan, and was born in 1980...but I inherited my teams from my dad. My dad grew up in NYC (Yankee fan), and then was stationed at the Presidio when he got out Vietnam, so some of his buddies would invite him to get drunk/high at Kezar on the weekend, hence the Niner fandom. When he moved to LA in 1979, he worked for the station that covered the Lakers, and became buddies w/Kareem, because they went to rival High Schools in NYC and are both latin jazz afficionados. My mom used to let me stay up to see my dad's name in the credits, hence the Laker fandom.

BTW, the Yankees weren't very good in the 80's, outside of Don Mattingly. They didn't win the first title of my lifetime until I was 16.

I'm guilty of being a 49er/Yankee/Laker fan, and was born in 1980...but I inherited my teams from my dad. My dad grew up in NYC (Yankee fan), and then was stationed at the Presidio when he got out Vietnam, so some of his buddies would invite him to get drunk/high at Kezar on the weekend, hence the Niner fandom. When he moved to LA in 1979, he worked for the station that covered the Lakers, and became buddies w/Kareem, because they went to rival High Schools in NYC and are both latin jazz afficionados. My mom used to let me stay up to see my dad's name in the credits, hence the Laker fandom.

BTW, the Yankees weren't very good in the 80's, outside of Don Mattingly. They didn't win the first title of my lifetime until I was 16.

Just think... your Dad could have been born in Cleveland and been an Indians and Browns fan and then moved to Oakland and worked at a station covering the Warriors. You would really be f**ked then. LOL

Just think... your Dad could have been born in Cleveland and been an Indians and Browns fan and then moved to Oakland and worked at a station covering the Warriors. You would really be f**ked then. LOL

Have you ever asked pops why he's not a Knicks, Jets and/or Giants fan?
thank God baseball's over. I can't stand baseball season. Waste of programming.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

He wasn't interested in either sport all that much while growing up.
i believe off the top of my head the following are the main FA's.

Damon
Matsui
Nady
Pettite
Wang
Molina
Gaudin
Hairston
Hinske
Cabrera
Bruney
Mitre

some are likely arbitration eligible.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

He wasn't interested in either sport all that much while growing up.

Ahhh, the same reason why I'm not a Broncos, Nuggets fan.