There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***The Official Boston Celtics 2012-13 thread***

WTF?!?
The loss was Boston's 11th of the year at TD Garden, just one less than in the previous two seasons combined.

I don't know---don't seem as intense as before. Rebounding and free throws would keep us in games but we're horrible at both and our D has been awful lately. Pierce out for a bunch of games now is a factor.
Squeaked by dem Pistons. Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace all playing. Where's Chauncey Billups?

Good chance to go on a good 5-6-7 game win streak starting tonight. If we lose to the Bobcats tonight.....
30 pt lead with just a few minutes left against the Bobcats.

Nate Robinson has hit 8 three pointers in the past 2 games. 4 tonight, and 4 last night.

Eddie House who? j/k. Celtics loved Eddie--he played hard all the time.
C's hold off the Sixers behind the strong play of Rondo, KG, and Glen Davis.

They just signed Michael Finley who was released by the Spurs. He joins up with Boston tomorrow.
C's come from behind down 13 with about 6 minutes left in the 4th to drop the Wizards 86-83. Ray Allen with two 3's in the last minute and the game winner :)

Wizards destroyed the Celtics with interior scoring and rebounds and the Celtics could not buy a fg in the first 3 quarters.
I wonder if it's possible for Kendrick Perkins to lose 25-30 lbs and Glen Davis, 45-50?

Their weight was really an impediment vs. the Wizards last night and I'm sure they have no impact when we play Atlanta and all their athletic big men.

I think Glen Davis, if was at about 230-240 would turn into a consistent 10 pts+ 11 rebs+ small forward or do you think his girth makes him who he is? KP would no doubt benefit from some weight loss as he could not keep up with Blache at all.
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
I wonder if it's possible for Kendrick Perkins to lose 25-30 lbs and Glen Davis, 45-50?

Their weight was really an impediment vs. the Wizards last night and I'm sure they have no impact when we play Atlanta and all their athletic big men.

I think Glen Davis, if was at about 230-240 would turn into a consistent 10 pts+ 11 rebs+ small forward or do you think his girth makes him who he is? KP would no doubt benefit from some weight loss as he could not keep up with Blache at all.

IDK, Perk is pretty solid. I don't want him losing any weight. His game is banging, losing weight is gonna hurt him. For the game that Davis has, which is more jump shooter, he should lose some weight for sure.

Bottom line with this team is they got old fast. KG is a shell of himself defensively, and offensively. Pierce is obviously banged up pretty bad. Ray Allen has played well since the deadline passed, but defensively cannot continue to play 40 minutes on the opposing teams best player. Sheed is just lazy, jacks up 3's, and plays no defense. Overall, I'll still take the ring they got 2 years ago for however long they are average/below average...... anyday.
Originally posted by SLICK:

IDK, Perk is pretty solid. I don't want him losing any weight. His game is banging, losing weight is gonna hurt him. For the game that Davis has, which is more jump shooter, he should lose some weight for sure.

Bottom line with this team is they got old fast. KG is a shell of himself defensively, and offensively. Pierce is obviously banged up pretty bad. Ray Allen has played well since the deadline passed, but defensively cannot continue to play 40 minutes on the opposing teams best player. Sheed is just lazy, jacks up 3's, and plays no defense. Overall, I'll still take the ring they got 2 years ago for however long they are average/below average...... anyday.

It just seems he could use a little more explosion in the paint and I'm thinking shedding some weight would help him in this regard. I think Davis could turn into a special player if he frikkin wasn't weighing close to 300 lbs. But his body type may just not allow a significant drop in weight.

Sheed actually was posting up quite often last night..it was a sight for sore eyes. He jacked up one three only I think and it was a good attempt. Yeah I'm not expecting anything special for the C's this post season. It's doubtful KG will ever be 100% again from his injuries and last night was the first time since 1996 where he was held without a fg.

Milwaukee will be a big test for them this Wed.
Might wanna change this to the "fortyninerglory like the Boston Celtics a lot" Thread
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Might wanna change this to the "fortyninerglory like the Boston Celtics a lot" Thread

Hey just trying to represent :)

I think it's just me, SLICK, and LundyLove.

Do your thing, glory. We'd think less of you if you disappeared when the going got tough.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Do your thing, glory. We'd think less of you if you disappeared when the going got tough.

I'll ride out this season. I'm with SLICK...that win in '08 definitely softens up any disappointment that we'll undoubtedly encounter.
Lose a tough one to the Bucks 86-84.

Bogut destroys Big Baby:

A 12 point 1st qtr for you guys in the loss to Memphis, huh? I saw Nate Robinson had 0 pts, 6 asts, 1 reb in 15 minutes. What's the deal? Is he just wasting away at the end of the bench, or what? I thought he was gonna be a player for you guys. Maybe he it just wasn't his night? I really don't know. I'm curious what you guys have to say.