LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

***The Official Boston Celtics *2022 Eastern Conference Champs* thread***

Originally posted by SLICK:
Watched most of the 1st half. The C's just have no energy. Might be time to start resting these guys and accept being the 4 seed.

As far as Nate goes, you want him to start? He came to a veteran team. Players get accustomed to their role. They're not gonna just throw him in the game and screw up the rotation. The problem isn't getting Nate on the court....I wish it were that easy.

I never said he should be starting. But when a team makes a trade before the deadline to shore up their line up, then that player is left on the bench to not really help out, it just seems odd.
Celtics bounce back by thrashing the Pacers at home. Finley and Robinson contributed heavily off the bench.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Celtics bounce back by thrashing the Pacers at home. Finley and Robinson contributed heavily off the bench.

The whole team played great, it seems. The starters got the 4th off and everybody chipped in for a complete team win. Those are nice to get.
We are too old but hey worth it for the 08 season.

Maybe they will let us play the whole playoffs on the road
Close game until the 2nd half when Lebron took over. Man, I would love to have Anderson Varejao on my team.

Glen Davis, lmao, was playing with a lot of energy and the crowd hates him for injuring Shaq's thumb....he hip checked Varejao into the stands (flop act though--though the commentators were divided/no foul called) and steam rolled Jamison into the ground after being faked into the air...that was a scary moment...300 lbs flying towards you at full speed.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Mar 15, 2010 at 7:43 AM ]
Originally posted by LundyLove:

Ya, and maybe in 20 years you can buy another championship.
C's wallop the Pistons...they looked like the 08' champs last night with their defensive intensity.

Huge test down the stretch as most of the teams left on their schedule are playoff teams including a big road trip in the West (Denver, Utah, Dallas, Oklahoma, Houston).
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Mar 16, 2010 at 9:34 AM ]
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

lol--Allen and KG are trying though on their old legs 2 years after the fact. Too bad we couldn't get them 3-4 years prior to 2008 then we might be sitting on banner 19/20 :)

We may not have to wait another 20 years provided Ainge makes smart moves and Rondo develops a jump shot.
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

Yeah. I take it you don't follow the NBA.....
Celtics are now doing what they are supposed to be doing against bad teams--destroy them, as in the Knicks last night at TD Garden. KG and Pierce both with 20 pts+ in the same game for the first time since last year. C's are undefeated in the past 11 straight St. Patty day's games. Big West road trip starts Friday.

C's defeat the Rockets and Mavs in back to back games :)
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
C's defeat the Rockets and Mavs in back to back games :)

Watched till the 3rd, then fell asleep. I was shocked to see they didnt collapse in the 4th. Led wire to wire. Pierce played well again, and so did Ray Allen. Maybe the rest over the last week or so has helped them.
Celtics let the Jazz get away from them in the 2nd half a couple nights ago. But they dropped a bomb on the Nuggets last night with 58 points in the paint. KG and Pierce with 20+ each. Gearing up for the playoffs!
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Celtics let the Jazz get away from them in the 2nd half a couple nights ago. But they dropped a bomb on the Nuggets last night with 58 points in the paint. KG and Pierce with 20+ each. Gearing up for the playoffs!

you guys are playing much better as of late.

can't wait for the playoffs man!!
Originally posted by Dino:

you guys are playing much better as of late.

can't wait for the playoffs man!!

lmao--you make me feel bad for my post in the Magic thread but you and jrg know we're all just smack talkin :P
Share 49ersWebzone