LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 231 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks Off-Season Thread ***

Seto signs the one-year deal: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=535280
sounds like Anthony davis may be a sharks fan

or will at least attend some games

He mentioned he enjoyed playing NHL 10 and became a fan of hockey. 1st game he watched was a sharks game.
wonder if the sharks sign a new goalie

the antidote

Originally posted by ads_2006:

the antidote

Just posted about Turco going to Chicago. Now they'll be even easier to beat.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

the antidote

otc you slick punk
Come on Sharks sign Niemi!!!!
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

the antidote

otc you slick punk

I'm just joshing, my friend.

Who knows? Turco seems to play the Sharks well. He may do well. I guess Chicago thinks they have someone in the farm who'll be better than Niemi. If they don't, or have no plan otherwise, this move makes zero sense.

The Blackhawks are just blowing smoke with their "We know we can repeat" bologna, or to write it like it sounds.. BALONEY. It really is. That team is not good enough to make it back to the Cup. I don't really dislike the Hawks as much now because Buff is gone, but Hossa is still there. Once he leaves, I can start feeling okay with Chicago again.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by maximill15:

no way in hell that happens. if we didnt sign niitymakii then yes, the organization spent too much time into greiss and he deserves to get some playing time. having niitymakii making 2.5 and then signing niemi to 2.75 or whatever is just absolutely stupid. dw forced the hawks into not signing niemi so either way not getting hjalmarrson isnt a big deal because it still made the hawks even weaker.

you can have a solid top 4 like the hawks but it doesnt matter when you have a sorry declining turco between the pipes. turco doesnt make those saves niemi did against us in the wcf
I dont think any team will sign Niemi for 2.75

I dont think any team will sign Niemi for 2.75

Washington? Tampa? Dallas? NHL.com writers think he could go to SJ, apparently: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=535347

Quote:
San Jose Sharks

Goaltenders signed: Antero Niittymaki, Thomas Greiss
After Evgeni Nabokov found the NHL free-agent market not to his liking, he bolted for big money in the KHL. That led to the Sharks signing Niittymaki, whose postseason experience is comprised of two relief appearances. Niittymaki has never had a team as good as the Sharks playing in front of him and his two-year, $4 million contract could wind up being a bargain. But it wouldn't be surprising if the Sharks felt the need to bring in Niemi as an insurance policy. After all, the Sharks have a pretty good idea of what a difference-maker Niemi could be after he played out of his mind in the Western Conference Finals to eliminate the Sharks in four games.
Sharks close to signing Jamal Mayers
Linkage
Linkage

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Linkage

Okay.. ? So I guess he's supposed to rotate with MacIntyre if Cam makes the team?
this years ortmeyer
Share 49ersWebzone