There are 216 users in the forums

Official NHL 09-10 Season

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Tough break for Dallas losing in the shootout to Nashville.

I couldn't see the game After this month I think I'm just going to buy that package on NHL.com so I can watch the games.

I watched the first period of the Sharks, but that kind of lost interest for me pretty quickly (but I'm sure you guys are lovin it).
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Hockey Fans:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=130888

Let me know if you want in!
Theo Fleury acknowledged he was sexually abused by his Junior Hockey coach.

The coach was convicted of over 350 alleged incidents of sexual abuse of his players, served 3.5 years and went to coach youth hockey in Spain. He got fired and guess what country is allowing him to coach youth players? France...

It should be noted Joe Sakic once played for that same coach...I hope it didn't happen to him, but Sakic has always seemed oddly reserved and quiet.

Really explains Fleury's behavior, poor guy has really suffered over the years becuase of the abuse.

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Oct 9, 2009 at 12:20:56 ]
An NHL team could be on the way back to Quebec.

Originally posted by ads_2006:
An NHL team could be on the way back to Quebec.

It makes sense... At least they would fill the arena.. They need to bring the Jets to Winnipeg first though.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Theo Fleury acknowledged he was sexually abused by his Junior Hockey coach.

The coach was convicted of over 350 alleged incidents of sexual abuse of his players, served 3.5 years and went to coach youth hockey in Spain. He got fired and guess what country is allowing him to coach youth players? France...

It should be noted Joe Sakic once played for that same coach...I hope it didn't happen to him, but Sakic has always seemed oddly reserved and quiet.

Really explains Fleury's behavior, poor guy has really suffered over the years becuase of the abuse.

Hockey players do not need to be loud and/or obnoxious to be HOF worthy. Joe Sakic may have been 'quiet' his entire career, but so have many other similar players (Steve Yzerman). If something DID happen, Joe would have caved in long ago.

[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Oct 13, 2009 at 17:36:51 ]
Dallas Stars still undefeated in regulation time. I warned you guys, healthy Richards + healthy Morrow is a completely different team.

Even more impressive is the Stars have DOMINATED even strength hockey. Their achilles heal has been PK and shoot outs. This team makes it to playoffs and stays healthy, I'm telling you, they will do some serious damage.
Dallas Stars still undefeated in regulation time. I warned you guys, healthy Richards + healthy Morrow is a completely different team.

Even more impressive is the Stars have DOMINATED even strength hockey. Their achilles heal has been PK and shoot outs. This team makes it to playoffs and stays healthy, I'm telling you, they will do some serious damage.

Those top 2 lines are dangerous..

Morrow-Ribeiro-Benn

Erickson-Richards-Neil

They're the guys scoring EVERY goal, lol... Just gotta hope Turco can hold up all year, especially down the stretch.. Ive been watchin a lot of Stars hockey so far(mainly cuz i have Ribeiro/Morrow/Richards in my pool) and I totally agree. They should make the playoffs and do some damage when they make it. Just hope they aint replacing my Blues
  • jrg
  • Veteran
What a bulls**t goal for Phoenix

• jrg
  • Veteran
Quack quack huh?

Good game last night Ducks.

BLUUUUUUUUUES!

Avs 6-1-1 baby...and after a great comeback against those Red Wings.

Matt Duchene with his first goal!

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Avs 6-1-1 baby...and after a great comeback against those Red Wings.

Matt Duchene with his first goal!

The Avs have been a big surprise so far - especially after they didn't look good during pre-season.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Latest news from Denver is that Duchene will stay with the Avs and not go back to Brampton (junior club). They will come to a decision soon on Ryan Reilly, the other 18-yr old who is centering the third line.

I think the Avs also got a steal by signing Anderson. He's a legit #1 goalie.

you jinxed them
Share 49ersWebzone