LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Anatomy of Portland Trail Blazers' offense in 2008-2009 season.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
A must read for any hardcore basketball fan.

http://www.blazersedge.com/2009/9/1/1001028/anatomy-of-portland-trail-blazers
Damn, most of that is blocked at work because of the videos. The Blazersedge guys are usually on point though, so I'm sure it's good.

I've never seen you really express much of an interest in play-calling, diagrams, etc. Is this because you're a Warriors fan and Nelson doesn't actually run plays?

Seriously though, I'm glad you're into that kind stuff.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Damn, most of that is blocked at work because of the videos. The Blazersedge guys are usually on point though, so I'm sure it's good.

I've never seen you really express much of an interest in play-calling, diagrams, etc. Is this because you're a Warriors fan and Nelson doesn't actually run plays?

Yup. Because 90% of the Warriors offense is just basic screen and rolls or isolation plays. When our shots aren't falling, we have the ugliest offense I've ever seen.

Jamal Crawford and CJ Watson said in several interviews that Don Nelson just sits there blankly and says nothing during a timeout.

Quote:

"One thing that shocked me was during a timeout Coach Nelson doesn't say nothing. He just sits there and rubs his head. I didn't know any plays, but in Coach Nelson's system you don't have to. They don't run any plays. They just get the ball and go." - CJ Watson from his blog
Originally posted by crzy:

Yup. Because 90% of the Warriors offense is just basic screen and rolls or isolation plays. When our shots aren't falling, we have the ugliest offense I've ever seen.

Jamal Crawford and CJ Watson said in several interviews that Don Nelson just sits there blankly and says nothing during a timeout.

Quote:

"One thing that shocked me was during a timeout Coach Nelson doesn't say nothing. He just sits there and rubs his head. I didn't know any plays, but in Coach Nelson's system you don't have to. They don't run any plays. They just get the ball and go." - CJ Watson from his blog

It's kinda sad too.

You ever watch games where you just watch a single player and not the ball?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crzy:

Quote:

It's kinda sad too.

You ever watch games where you just watch a single player and not the ball?

I do that from time to time during a game, but not for the whole game.
Share 49ersWebzone