Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
I really hope the roids kill A-Rod or poo-holes chances of breaking THE HR KING'S record.

Pujols hasn't taken steroids.

A-Roid did.

Just cause he's not on the list...

hope he hasn't I'd rather see him than AholedillRod

He has been tested and came up negative each time.

He's made it very clear to the media/fans that they can test him before and after every single game..he has nothing to hide.

That's probably the funniest thing I've heard in a while. Just cause he said he hasn't taken anything doesn't mean he hasn't taken anything. For all we know it's another undetectable substance that he's sure won't come up on a test.

Read my post again and get back to me.

I don't need to read it again. I understood in completely.

Obviously not.

I said he said they can test him every day..that he has nothing to hide. Obviously anyone can say they didn't do it, but Albert is willing to let them test him anytime. Also, he has never tested positive..so there is no reason what-so-ever to think he has taken steroids.

Do you know what the word undetectable means? You can go ahead and test him every single day, but if the drug is undetectable then it's not going to show up on the tests!

So, even when he tests negative..you're just gonna go ahead and assume he did them because of everyone else?!

Yes just like all the other Dominican stars. I know it's not fair, but hey, that's how it is now. Right now he's the best player, but I don't doubt he's on something.

I thought you didn't like beisbol?

16 year old on Sports Illustrated cover

Originally posted by King49er:
You better be good if you're that size at that age.

Unless your going to play for the Yankees,then your just gonna suck anyways...

True?

You agree?

I guess...

you don't like the Yankees at all?

I don't really like baseball as a whole, so no.

Yeah you're right. This is the reason I don't like it....steroids.

Cool. I like gifs too.

Fixed

It took me a minute!
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Well A-Rod is going to break it. Funny that nobody mentioned him.

-9fA
Buster Posey
f**k A-Roid. Pujols, I really don't have anything against, but as both a Giants and Bonds fan, of course I want him to stay #1.
Originally posted by rigs49:
Buster Posey

not once his knees start hurting.

Bryce Harper
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Don't see A-rod getting to Bonds numbers. A-rod's body is slowly breaking down, and I don't expect him to play at a high level after couple more years. I think he will get another 100-120 HRs and that's it.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Yes.. I was just about to post Arod.

Bonds 762
Arod 572
Difference 190

Arod is 34 years old so if he plays until 40 and averages 35 per year he will pass Bonds. Very possible and very likely I think.

Already at age 33 and 34 hes only managed to get to 30 HR the last 2 seasons. hes showing signs of getting older. To assume that he will hit 5 more HR person season than he has the last 2 years, and then do that for 6 more years straight? very unlikely.
poo holes
Originally posted by Niners99:

Bonds 762
Arod 572
Difference 190

Arod is 34 years old so if he plays until 40 and averages 35 per year he will pass Bonds. Very possible and very likely I think.

Already at age 33 and 34 hes only managed to get to 30 HR the last 2 seasons. hes showing signs of getting older. To assume that he will hit 5 more HR person season than he has the last 2 years, and then do that for 6 more years straight? very unlikely.

He just needs some flaxseed oil (administered by syringe).
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
poo holes

It will be tough for him as well. He is at 400-410 HRs (I think) and is 31. He needs another 350 HRs...so he has to average 35 a year for the next 10 years. If he can stay healthy and not miss too many games - then maybe. He will need couple seasons where he hits 50 HRs each year, and then continue to hit 30+ till he is 40.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dobo:

Bonds 762
Arod 572
Difference 190

been there done that
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Bonds 762
Arod 572
Difference 190

been there done that

Yes, but Barry hit 73 homers when he was 37. Then he had his best season ever when he was 40.

Alex has his whole career ahead of him.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Bonds 762
Arod 572
Difference 190

been there done that

Yes, but Barry hit 73 homers when he was 37. Then he had his best season ever when he was 40.

What? Bonds had his best season when he was 40? I don't think so.

If steroids didn't help A-rod hit 70 HRs when he was 33, they won't help when he will be 37.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
poo holes

It will be tough for him as well. He is at 400-410 HRs (I think) and is 31. He needs another 350 HRs...so he has to average 35 a year for the next 10 years. If he can stay healthy and not miss too many games - then maybe. He will need couple seasons where he hits 50 HRs each year, and then continue to hit 30+ till he is 40.

He's 31 like I'm 21.

Bonds 762
Arod 572
Difference 190

been there done that

What? Bonds had his best season when he was 40? I don't think so.

If steroids didn't help A-rod hit 70 HRs when he was 33, they won't help when he will be 37.

Bonds was 40 in 2004. 45 homers, 101 RBIs, .362 BA, .609 OBP(), .812 SLG, 232 walks (), 120 intentional walks ().

Barry Bonds in the years 2000-2004 was arguably the best stretch in the history of baseball. He was 35-40 years old.

[ Edited by dobo on Mar 27, 2011 at 13:27:29 ]