There are 129 users in the forums

Homerun King

Originally posted by rigs49:
Buster Posey

not once his knees start hurting.

Bryce Harper
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Don't see A-rod getting to Bonds numbers. A-rod's body is slowly breaking down, and I don't expect him to play at a high level after couple more years. I think he will get another 100-120 HRs and that's it.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Well A-Rod is going to break it. Funny that nobody mentioned him.

Yes.. I was just about to post Arod.

Bonds 762
Arod 572
Difference 190

Arod is 34 years old so if he plays until 40 and averages 35 per year he will pass Bonds. Very possible and very likely I think.

Already at age 33 and 34 hes only managed to get to 30 HR the last 2 seasons. hes showing signs of getting older. To assume that he will hit 5 more HR person season than he has the last 2 years, and then do that for 6 more years straight? very unlikely.
poo holes
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
poo holes

It will be tough for him as well. He is at 400-410 HRs (I think) and is 31. He needs another 350 HRs...so he has to average 35 a year for the next 10 years. If he can stay healthy and not miss too many games - then maybe. He will need couple seasons where he hits 50 HRs each year, and then continue to hit 30+ till he is 40.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dobo:
Originally posted by Niners99:

Bonds 762
Arod 572
Difference 190

Arod is 34 years old so if he plays until 40 and averages 35 per year he will pass Bonds. Very possible and very likely I think.

Already at age 33 and 34 hes only managed to get to 30 HR the last 2 seasons. hes showing signs of getting older. To assume that he will hit 5 more HR person season than he has the last 2 years, and then do that for 6 more years straight? very unlikely.

He just needs some flaxseed oil (administered by syringe).

been there done that
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Bonds 762
Arod 572
Difference 190

been there done that

Yes, but Barry hit 73 homers when he was 37. Then he had his best season ever when he was 40.

Alex has his whole career ahead of him.

What? Bonds had his best season when he was 40? I don't think so.

If steroids didn't help A-rod hit 70 HRs when he was 33, they won't help when he will be 37.
poo holes

It will be tough for him as well. He is at 400-410 HRs (I think) and is 31. He needs another 350 HRs...so he has to average 35 a year for the next 10 years. If he can stay healthy and not miss too many games - then maybe. He will need couple seasons where he hits 50 HRs each year, and then continue to hit 30+ till he is 40.

He's 31 like I'm 21.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Bonds 762
Arod 572
Difference 190

been there done that

Yes, but Barry hit 73 homers when he was 37. Then he had his best season ever when he was 40.

Alex has his whole career ahead of him.

What? Bonds had his best season when he was 40? I don't think so.

If steroids didn't help A-rod hit 70 HRs when he was 33, they won't help when he will be 37.

Bonds was 40 in 2004. 45 homers, 101 RBIs, .362 BA, .609 OBP(), .812 SLG, 232 walks (), 120 intentional walks ().

Barry Bonds in the years 2000-2004 was arguably the best stretch in the history of baseball. He was 35-40 years old.

Okay, I may have looked at the wrong year. I thought he was injured when he was 40. To me, his best season was when he hit .370 and 46 HRs and just 47 strikeouts.

But, yea - his 2004 could also be his best when he hit more HRs than strikeouts.

But, A-rod will not have same success in his late 30s. Plenty of great hitters have taken steroids, and haven't come close to matching that production once. The reason Bonds had his best years during those years is because he started taking steroids pretty late in his career. It's not because steroids help a 37 year old man more than a 31 year old player.

[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Mar 27, 2011 at 13:36:51 ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Btw...the 1993 season...Bonds had similar production as he did during the 2004 season. Bring down the walks in 2004 to the levels of 1993 - he will have very similar numbers.

46 Hrs 123 Rbis .336ba .458obp .677slugging 1.136ops

• jrg
  • Veteran
poo holes

agreed it will be tough. this year will be huge.."contract" year
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
poo holes

In my opinion, Pujols has a realistic shot at it. Don't think A-rod has one, unless he stays completely healthy for next few years.
Originally posted by jrg:
poo holes

In my opinion, Pujols has a realistic shot at it. Don't think A-rod has one, unless he stays completely healthy for next few years.

If Pujols stays in STL, then he will break the record.

Bonds 762
Arod 572
Difference 190

Except A-Roid won't have the luxury of steroids so late in his career...
Rafeal Belliard
Share 49ersWebzone