There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2009 MLB All Star Game/Home Run Derby Thread

  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 110,850
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
pablo sandoval, HR King lol

This Pablo frenzy is getting a little out of control...


but he's kung fu panda !?!?!



.336 31 HR 82 RBI


I don't think anyone is disputing how good Pujols is. Maybe we just feel Pablo deserves to be in the All-Star game. Early on in the season i didn't think so but he's been IMO one of the biggest reasons for our success thus far this season. Our pitching has been top notch this year but Pablo has been the heartbeat of our offense. Without him i doubt we'd be over .500 right now.

With that said, having the 2nd best record in the NL at the half way point and not having Pablo in the All-star game would be a huge disappointment for us Giants fans. I know he's quickly becoming my favorite non-pitching Giant right now.

I was just messing w/ him..
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 110,850
Originally posted by GoNiners:
Who's in the HR derby?

Earlier today on the Cardinals game..they said Pujols is competing.. who else
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
pablo sandoval, HR King lol

This Pablo frenzy is getting a little out of control...


but he's kung fu panda !?!?!



.336 31 HR 82 RBI


I don't think anyone is disputing how good Pujols is. Maybe we just feel Pablo deserves to be in the All-Star game. Early on in the season i didn't think so but he's been IMO one of the biggest reasons for our success thus far this season. Our pitching has been top notch this year but Pablo has been the heartbeat of our offense. Without him i doubt we'd be over .500 right now.

With that said, having the 2nd best record in the NL at the half way point and not having Pablo in the All-star game would be a huge disappointment for us Giants fans. I know he's quickly becoming my favorite non-pitching Giant right now.

I was just messing w/ him..

lol i know. I was stating my reasons on why I think Pablo deserves an All-Star bid.

You probably know I'm one of Alberts biggest fans(outside of Cardinals fans obviously).
Why does the NL have 4 1Bmen on the roster?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 110,850
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Why does the NL have 4 1Bmen on the roster?

I was wondering that as well.

But then again, all 4 are all worthy.
Originally posted by crzy:
Dustin Pedroia is so overrated

You have to be a Yankees fan.

So overrated that he's the reigning AL MVP!!!

BTW, they don't let fans vote that!!!!
[ Edited by tn_niner on Jul 5, 2009 at 6:27 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 110,850
Originally posted by tn_niner:
Originally posted by crzy:
Dustin Pedroia is so overrated

You have to be a Yankees fan.

So overrated that he's the reigning AL MVP!!!

BTW, they don't let fans vote that!!!!

I'm a Cardinals fan and I'll tell you Pedroia is overrated.

He shouldn't have won the AL MVP...he wasn't even the best player on his TEAM last year, so he definitely wasn't the best in the entire AL.

Like I said earlier, either Aaron Hill, Ben Zobrist, or possibly Ian Kinsler should be starting over Pedroia.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
Originally posted by tn_niner:
Originally posted by crzy:
Dustin Pedroia is so overrated

You have to be a Yankees fan.

So overrated that he's the reigning AL MVP!!!

BTW, they don't let fans vote that!!!!

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by tn_niner:
Originally posted by crzy:
Dustin Pedroia is so overrated

You have to be a Yankees fan.

So overrated that he's the reigning AL MVP!!!

BTW, they don't let fans vote that!!!!

I'm a Cardinals fan and I'll tell you Pedroia is overrated.

He shouldn't have won the AL MVP...he wasn't even the best player on his TEAM last year, so he definitely wasn't the best in the entire AL.

Like I said earlier, either Aaron Hill, Ben Zobrist, or possibly Ian Kinsler should be starting over Pedroia.

The AL 2bs should have been Aaron Hill and Robinson Cano. Kinser is hitting just over .250 so I dont think he should be on team.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 110,850
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by tn_niner:
Originally posted by crzy:
Dustin Pedroia is so overrated

You have to be a Yankees fan.

So overrated that he's the reigning AL MVP!!!

BTW, they don't let fans vote that!!!!

I'm a Cardinals fan and I'll tell you Pedroia is overrated.

He shouldn't have won the AL MVP...he wasn't even the best player on his TEAM last year, so he definitely wasn't the best in the entire AL.

Like I said earlier, either Aaron Hill, Ben Zobrist, or possibly Ian Kinsler should be starting over Pedroia.

The AL 2bs should have been Aaron Hill and Robinson Cano. Kinser is hitting just over .250 so I dont think he should be on team.

He's technically not "on the team" right now..hes in the running for the "Final" roster player.
And why is Hunter Pence on the team? Carlos Lee deserves the nod for Houston.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
And why is Hunter Pence on the team? Carlos Lee deserves the nod for Houston.

Lee AVG .295 HR 12 RBI 47 SB 2
Pence AVG .302 HR 11 RBI 34 SB 8

Carlos has more RBI's cause he always is batting behind Miggy & Lance. While Pence has batted 2nd or 7th (mostly 7th behind Blum) not many RBI's situations at 7th.

Personally ONLY Miggy should be on the All-Star team from Houston, no one else deserves a place on the team.
MOLINA should not be STARTING over McCANN

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by tn_niner:
Originally posted by crzy:
Dustin Pedroia is so overrated

You have to be a Yankees fan.

So overrated that he's the reigning AL MVP!!!

BTW, they don't let fans vote that!!!!

I'm a Cardinals fan and I'll tell you Pedroia is overrated.

He shouldn't have won the AL MVP...he wasn't even the best player on his TEAM last year, so he definitely wasn't the best in the entire AL.

Like I said earlier, either Aaron Hill, Ben Zobrist, or possibly Ian Kinsler should be starting over Pedroia.

None of those 3 players you mentioned are having any better year than Pedroia so why should they get the nod over him when they aren't playing any better?

As far as the best player on his team/in the AL, his stats are right there with Kevin Youkilis. Some stats Youkilis lead the team and some Pedroia lead the team. If you judge a good year on HR's, then yeah Youkilis did have a better season. If you base it on OBP or SLG, Youkilis had a overall higher number but Pedroia was right there with him.

If you think somebody else in the AL had a better year, I'd like to know who?
Originally posted by valrod33:
MOLINA should not be STARTING over McCANN


it's fan vote, what did you expect? a roster that actually made sense?