LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 335 users in the forums

2009 MLB All Star Game/Home Run Derby Thread

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
lol where was this defense in the first inning?

He made a mistake?

I wasn't referring to just him. If Wright could have made a decent throw after Yadiers' throw to 3rd it would have helped out a lot in the inning.
Fricking Dodger costs Timmy a win.
Would be an L.A. pitcher that blows the win chance for Lincecum..
[ Edited by djb49 on Jul 14, 2009 at 7:05 PM ]
lol f**k the Dodgers.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Check out Mr. Pujols
B-E-A UUUUTIFUL Winnie!!
Originally posted by ninermaniac:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
James... why aren't you at the game?

Tickets were $2,500. Lol

I'm on my blackberry outside at at Mike Shannons (a bar)

Don't you have season tickets? Is that not included?

Ha, I wish. We get first dibs on em..but still have to pay.

Being out of a job since February, I can't afford that

Are you serious? That's a whole lot of money.

Yeah, ridiculous. I asked a scalper on the way to the bar I'm at just for the hell of it..and hes like "I'll give you these two tickets for 5 grand.." I just laughed and walked away.

That's insane. That is a whole lot of money to spend on an All-Star game. It's impressive the amount of money people have where they can go buy tickets that are worth $2,500 each, and then there is me whose broke.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Tickets were $2,500. Lol

Yeah, ridiculous. I asked a scalper on the way to the bar I'm at just for the hell of it..and hes like "I'll give you these two tickets for 5 grand.." I just laughed and walked away.

That's insane. That is a whole lot of money to spend on an All-Star game. It's impressive the amount of money people have where they can go buy tickets that are worth $2,500 each, and then there is me whose broke.

Kind of pisses me off that its like this...the REAL fans (like myself) can't go to games, its all either people who saved..or loaded people who probably haven't watched a baseball game in their life. Especially in St. Louis, where their REAL fans sell out this stadium every single night. Its nearly THIS packed when we play the Pirates..and those same fans most likely can't go to the game because they can't afford it.

Tickets were $2,500. Lol

Kind of pisses me off that its like this...the REAL fans (like myself) can't go to games, its all either people who saved..or loaded people who probably haven't watched a baseball game in their life. Especially in St. Louis, where their REAL fans sell out this stadium every single night. Its nearly THIS packed when we play the Pirates..and those same fans most likely can't go to the game because they can't afford it.

Dude, I hear you.. But, think of it this way: All-Star games and the like are for cities to get in revenue.. The cardinals will be able to do more things to make the park better than it already is and your city gets money to help it..

Besides that, though, it does suck that people who probably don't really care about baseball that have money get to go.. I can't wait to see some Giants and 49ers games this year..
wow. Nice recovery from Utley. I was worried there for a sec.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by djb49:

Tickets were $2,500. Lol

Dude, I hear you.. But, think of it this way: All-Star games and the like are for cities to get in revenue.. The cardinals will be able to do more things to make the park better than it already is and your city gets money to help it..

Besides that, though, it does suck that people who probably don't really care about baseball that have money get to go.. I can't wait to see some Giants and 49ers games this year..

Yeah, Busch Stadium isn't even completely built yet. Behind left field they have all kinds of "All Star Game" activities to do now, but that's normally just an extra parking lot. Its supposed to be a "Ballpark village" with restaurants, shops, etc..and that was supposed to be completed by this game.

But yeah, the revenue this is bringing to this city is probably nuts.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Alberts playing like s**t..

Made a couple of really nice plays in the field anyway. But ya.. expected much more tonight
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Made a couple of really nice plays in the field anyway. But ya.. expected much more tonight

And last night.

He's had a lot of pressure on him these past few days. Just probably pressing to much to please the home fans.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
The guys gotta be exhausted..we just got off a double header Sunday vs. the Cubs..now hes got the home run derby..now the All Star game..
Share 49ersWebzone