LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

NBA news thread for teams that don't have Offseason threads

Originally posted by ima49erfan15:
last year we gave him a 40 million, he turned it down, then we offered him this year i think in the middle of the season 50 million, for 5 years, he turns it down, he signs in Detroit for 55 over 5 years

guess he just didn't like it there? i'm a ben gordon fan
I was too now I don't know he could of at least gone to the west
Originally posted by valrod33:
Timberwolves suck. Am i the only timberwolves fan on here?

I will support you so long as you have Flynn on your roster...

And go OKC!!
So if Toronto does as they look to be doing...

PG Jose Calderon
SG DeMar Derozan
SF Hedo Turokoglu
PF Shawn Marion
C Chris Bosh

If DeMar mans up, and Shawn and Hedo play well and develop some bangin chemistry with Jose & Chris, this could be a top 4 team in the East...
I though Shawn Marion was a free agent though.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
I though Shawn Marion was a free agent though.

Word is Toronto is the only team to have offered him a deal so far, unless Im not hearing right?

Plus...

Raptors Offer Marion Four-Year Deal?
Jul 03, 2009 2:24 PM EST

The Raptors have offered free-agent forward Shawn Marion a four-year deal worth more than $32 million, according to the Globe and Mail.

The deal could be worth as much as $34 million, according to the report, and is longer and more lucrative than the three-year, $21 million offer Toronto was reported to have made to Marion.
  • JR80
  • Veteran
per ESPN

The Raptors had been serious in their pursuit of Shawn Marion and Carlos Delfino. Now the most likely scenario is that they'll be renounced or traded, along with Anthony Parker. To clear the kind of cap room that would be required to sign Turkoglu would probably take renouncing every free agent Toronto has, including Pops Mensah-Bonsu, Jake Voskuhl and some cap holds from players overseas. That would give the Raptors room to offer Turkoglu more money than Portland was offering -- although there are plenty of details left to be worked out, especially as Toronto may first try to trade some of those players instead of letting them go for nothing.
[ Edited by JR80 on Jul 4, 2009 at 12:26 AM ]
Originally posted by JR80:
per ESPN

The Raptors had been serious in their pursuit of Shawn Marion and Carlos Delfino. Now the most likely scenario is that they'll be renounced or traded, along with Anthony Parker. To clear the kind of cap room that would be required to sign Turkoglu would probably take renouncing every free agent Toronto has, including Pops Mensah-Bonsu, Jake Voskuhl and some cap holds from players overseas. That would give the Raptors room to offer Turkoglu more money than Portland was offering -- although there are plenty of details left to be worked out, especially as Toronto may first try to trade some of those players instead of letting them go for nothing.

Hmm...well then...

PG Jose Calderon
SG DeMar Derozan
SF Hedo Turkoglu
PF Chris Bosh
C Andrea Bargnani

Hey, thats not bad either...better than Miami if you ask me...assuming they all play to their potential...
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by ima49erfan15:
last year we gave him a 40 million, he turned it down, then we offered him this year i think in the middle of the season 50 million, for 5 years, he turns it down, he signs in Detroit for 55 over 5 years

guess he just didn't like it there? i'm a ben gordon fan

plus why would you go somewhere where they don't even have a head coach. That is just plain stupid!
Originally posted by GameOver:
per ESPN

Hmm...well then...

PG Jose Calderon
SG DeMar Derozan
SF Hedo Turkoglu
PF Chris Bosh
C Andrea Bargnani

Hey, thats not bad either...better than Miami if you ask me...assuming they all play to their potential...

I'm still not sold on our head coach, and thats a good starting 5, but I'm sure about the bench..we can spend all the money we want on the starters, but won't get anywhere without a bench.

If Toronto wants to save some money the lakers can give them 7 mil in expiring for Marion
Originally posted by King49er:
per ESPN

Hmm...well then...

PG Jose Calderon
SG DeMar Derozan
SF Hedo Turkoglu
PF Chris Bosh
C Andrea Bargnani

I'm still not sold on our head coach, and thats a good starting 5, but I'm sure about the bench..we can spend all the money we want on the starters, but won't get anywhere without a bench.

In the East...a solid starting 5 can do you something...and you got Joey off the bench dont you? I like him...but thats about it...lol, so yeah, you need to find some more peices to add to your bench...
Originally posted by King49er:
per ESPN

Hmm...well then...

PG Jose Calderon
SG DeMar Derozan
SF Hedo Turkoglu
PF Chris Bosh
C Andrea Bargnani

Zero defense in that lineup.

And go OKC!!

Thank you, i like Flynn, screw Rubio trade that fool

And go OKC!!

Thank you, i like Flynn, screw Rubio trade that fool

He's going back to Spain for a couple years it sounds like anyways.
Share 49ersWebzone