LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Michael Curry fired as Pistons head coach

• Dino
  • Veteran
Mods feel free to merge this with another thread. Wasn't sure where I should post this...

The Detroit Pistons have fired Michael Curry as coach, the team announced Tuesday.

"This was a difficult decision to make," Pistons president Joe Dumars said in a statement. "I want to thank Michael for his hard work and dedication to the organization. However, at this time, I have decided to make a change."

Curry was named coach on June 10, 2008 and was 39-43 this past season.

The Pistons were swept by the Cleveland Cavaliers in four games.

linky
Hmmm...happened later then I thought it would.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

yeah he sucks as a coach, i was surprised he didnt get canned during the year.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

Yeah I agree. The team was a mess the whole season under that guy. It didn't help they shipped off Billups for AI, but Curry really couldn't hold the team together.
He couldnt inspire the team to get up for big games, plus he couldnt settle on a starting 5 and allowed Iverson to bully him around...I'm glad they canned his ass, anyone they hire will be an upgrade!!!
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
He couldnt inspire the team to get up for big games, plus he couldnt settle on a starting 5 and allowed Iverson to bully him around...I'm glad they canned his ass, anyone they hire will be an upgrade!!!

I agree with you. I'm a Pistons fan, just got off work and I'm actually pretty stoked about seeing this. He did nothing to help this team in my opinion. To bad Larry Brown is still in Charlotte, I would love to see him back.
Originally posted by Fincham11:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

I agree with you. I'm a Pistons fan, just got off work and I'm actually pretty stoked about seeing this. He did nothing to help this team in my opinion. To bad Larry Brown is still in Charlotte, I would love to see him back.

Doug Collins might be the next Pistons coach, hopefully they can get Ben Gordon & Paul Milsap and start playing at a high level again, Rip Hamilton will more than likely be traded if Gordon is signed, but it's time to shake things up in Detroit, the way they played against Cleveland was pathetic, it's time for some new blood on the team, it's time for a change !!!
Share 49ersWebzone