There are 252 users in the forums

Shaq to Cleveland finalized

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by LB49ers:
what a great trade for the cavs this totally solves the problem the they had against the magic defending Hedo and Lewis.....oh wait

they had trouble cause they were doubling D12. that's done now, even before shaq now that Phil and co. gave the league the blueprint on how to play against Dwight.

IMO, it was just the opposite. They had trouble because they didn't double D12 enough and let him catch the ball too close to the hoop. That's why he dropped 25 a night against them. The Lakers doubled him almost every time from all angles and he only got 15.

Shaq will keep D12 away from the hoop, but he hasn't guarded the pick and roll in 8 years, and that's Orlando's go to play. It'll be interesting to see that match up now.

This really changes how Cleveland goes about their business, but they did just get Shaq for virtually nothing.

I think the key was as you said, LA was blitzing Dwight from all angles, sometimes opting to man up on Dwight which is why he was so confused. Conversely, the Cavs sent the double from the same spot and always after the catch, which Dwight was able to figure out.

The Pick and roll will still be an issue, obviously, but I don't think Shaq will factor too much into that. He can stay at home when Dwight sets the pick because Howard can't shoot, he can flash the switch and then get back downlow, that's what he did in Phoenix anyway. It's the Hedo/Lewis pick and roll that kills Cleveland, IMO, and they still don't have an answer at the wings at the moment.

It should be fun, but I can't see Shaq as the difference maker, the Cavs will need either an athletic big and or wing player to really sure up some of their deficiencies.
What's the over/under on how long it takes Shaq to throw Bron-Bron under the bus?

I say by the All Star Break.

Before then: "He's the greatest player that I've ever played with" - Shaq
After that: "Bron-ee, tell me how my ass taste?" - Shaq
ehhhh who cares, whoever goes on to the finals will be beaten by the lakers or possibly the spurs regardless
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
What's the over/under on how long it takes Shaq to throw Bron-Bron under the bus?

Nah. Shaq won't throw Lebron under the bus until after he leaves the Cavs.
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Nah. Shaq won't throw Lebron under the bus until after he leaves the Cavs.

hmm. So you are taking the over, eh?
  • dman
  • Veteran
Nice trade to get Shaq for nothing but I don't think it improves Cleveland much and it may clog the lane a bit for James.
Great, now I'll have to continuously hear about Shaq/Lebron vs. Kobe..It never ends. At least we'll have Shaq entertaining us all through the whole ordeal..
  • dman
  • Veteran
Lebron cant win a title without Shaq.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dman:

hahahaha

Shaq cant win another title with out Lebron

Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Shaq cant win another title with out Lebron

Neither of them can win against the Lakers.
As a Shaq rookie card holder, it pains me to say that the Diesel has nothing left in the tank.
This is a great trade... not because anyone benefits but when Kobe kicks the s**t out of LeBron in next years finals there won't be any excuses on LeBrons part of not having a good supporting cast.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
As a Shaq rookie card holder, it pains me to say that the Diesel has nothing left in the tank.

I thought he looked alright last season. Not great or dominant anymore but I think he's serviceable still. Is he worse than Z?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by socalfan21:
This is a great trade... not because anyone benefits but when Kobe kicks the s**t out of LeBron in next years finals there won't be any excuses on LeBrons part of not having a good supporting cast.

Right, because a 37 year old Shaq is a good supporting cast
Share 49ersWebzone