Tyson vs. Ali

Tyson vs. Ali

[ Edited by TlSSER on Jun 24, 2009 at 14:42:50 ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Ali
Originally posted by crzy:
Ali

Don't you think Tyson woulda been TOO Strong and Quick for Ali to handle?
Ali would make him look foolish...but one good shot from Tyson would knock Ali on his arse.
Ali would pick him apart, but Tyson had the power to knock him out. To make an outright pick, I say Ali.
LOL This is just too funny to even debate. Ali in his prime would have destroyed Tyson. He was too tall, too fast, too talented, and WAY too smart for Tyson. It would have been a TKO after Tyson was cut up and broken down.
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Ali

HUH? Tyson was not as strong as George Foreman and Ali destroyed him. Too quick?
This sounds like a job for...

I'd like to see them fight right now. A crazy overweight Tyson vs. a senile Ali with Parkinson's.
im gonna go with Tyson
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Ali

HUH? Tyson was not as strong as George Foreman and Ali destroyed him. Too quick?

LMAO

Too quick? Was he serious?

Is this a serious question? The answer is Ali and its not even close!

[ Edited by Byisgod on Jun 24, 2009 at 14:54:34 ]
Tyson is definitely one of my favorite fighters, but I'd have to say Ali here.
  • Extreme
  • Info N/A
Tyson, a pressure fighter like Frazier and a good volume puncher would be a bad matchup for Ali. Not to mention that in Tyson's prime, his defense was good, he was actually quick (not necessarily laterally though) and used a lot of head movement which allowed him to pressure his opponents without eating too many shots.

Tyson wins the 1st fight by TKO stoppage in a trilogy while Ali takes the next 2 by UD.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Is this a serious question? The answer is Ali and its not even close!
I think Tyson as great of a fighter he was in his prime would have trouble with taller, lankier fighters. and it's Ali, I wouldn't doubt Tyson's power that he could probably knock out Ali but I just don't think Ali would allow Tyson to come remotely close. Frustrated and tired Tyson? game over!!!
Share 49ersWebzone