LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 430 users in the forums

Randy Foye and Mike Miller to the Wizards

• jrg
  • Veteran
Quote:
The Washington Wizards are close to a deal that would send the No. 5 pick in Thursday's draft, Oleksiy Pecherov, Etan Thomas and Darius Songaila to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Randy Foye and Mike Miller, a league source told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher on Tuesday.

A source close to Minnesota told ESPN.com's Andy Katz that the Timberwolves aren't done. The Wolves now own Nos. 5, 6, 18 and 28 in the first round. A source said that the Timberwolves won't package Nos. 5 and 6 for No. 2, but they could offer the fifth and 18th picks for the second. The key for Minnesota, according to the source, is that it wants to have two lottery selections, whether that's Nos. 2 and 6 or 5 and 6. The source said Minnesota is expecting to have a "very busy Wednesday."

Link
whats so ever happened to Randy Foye. he was the man @ Villinova
Why did Washington do this...salary cap relief kinda deal? Dont really understand it...why not trade it for someone who can make a difference on your team this year...
Originally posted by GameOver:
Why did Washington do this...salary cap relief kinda deal? Dont really understand it...why not trade it for someone who can make a difference on your team this year...

because a line up of arenas foye butler and jamison can get you the 5th seed in the east pretty easily.

foye can be really good if hes not on a terrible team. btw they have a former rookie of the year as well as sixth man of the year. and what did they trade? garbo with garbo and a draft pick. i think they got the better of the deal really.
Originally posted by j3xperience:

because a line up of arenas foye butler and jamison can get you the 5th seed in the east pretty easily.

foye can be really good if hes not on a terrible team. btw they have a former rookie of the year as well as sixth man of the year. and what did they trade? garbo with garbo and a draft pick. i think they got the better of the deal really.

Foye has been trash since out of Nova...I loved Mike but with the way hes been playing recently...I just feel that all Washington needed was a busy physical center...they have a great 3...Nick Young can become a good 2...and Jamison is a good 4 too...and if hibachi is healthy, theres the 1 spot...

I dunno, i just feel like they coulda got something that woulda been more useful/helpful...isnt Phoenix shopping Amare? Whatever...
  • Dino
  • Veteran
i like the trade for both teams

Foye has been trash since out of Nova...I loved Mike but with the way hes been playing recently...I just feel that all Washington needed was a busy physical center...they have a great 3...Nick Young can become a good 2...and Jamison is a good 4 too...and if hibachi is healthy, theres the 1 spot...

I dunno, i just feel like they coulda got something that woulda been more useful/helpful...isnt Phoenix shopping Amare? Whatever...

they could package something around butler for them. keep in mind they were not going to get thabeet and that they have the an athletic center in mcgee and still have haywood who was really good a couple years ago.

they could package something around butler for them. keep in mind they were not going to get thabeet and that they have the an athletic center in mcgee and still have haywood who was really good a couple years ago.

Haywood is solid but if you look at there starting 5, you cant tell me their weakness is the 5 spot...the 2 spot is solid if Nicky continues to progress...and im confused, packing something around butler for what? Who/what is "them"?

Haywood is solid but if you look at there starting 5, you cant tell me their weakness is the 5 spot...the 2 spot is solid if Nicky continues to progress...and im confused, packing something around butler for what? Who/what is "them"?

they could be looking at amare if they are willing to part with butler and nick young. im guessing if the raptors dont bite for bosh the suns will be chomping at the bit for caron.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I like Randy Foye. I think he has just as much talent as all the top combo guards in this draft.

Good deal for both teams.

Dang washington is going to be hella good next yr. they have a legit coach and theyrd loaded with firepower. if arenas is healthy next year... damn. they got gil, jamison, butler, and young+mcgee are going to be good. then you add miller and foye. damn.

Thing is there really aren't any busy physical centers around that were available. I love this trade for the wizards. Getting Etan Thomas;s contract off the books was smart. Next they need to dump Mike James ans Deshaun Stevenson. Nick Young is not ever gonna be a good 2. Just average guy who does nothing but shoot the same turn around over and over again. This all comes down to Arenas being healthy but the Wiz now have good depth in the back court. Mike Miller will basically replace roger Mason

[ Edited by lamontb on Jun 24, 2009 at 08:07:10 ]
Share 49ersWebzone