LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

2010 World Cup US National Team

I didn't see a thread for our national team as they try to go to the World Cup. Maybe I can get a little "official" image next to this?

My question I wanted to ask is...where is Freddy Adu? Last year I saw him playing on our team, but now he's not even on the roster.
Originally posted by Apples:
I didn't see a thread for our national team as they try to go to the World Cup. Maybe I can get a little "official" image next to this?

My question I wanted to ask is...where is Freddy Adu? Last year I saw him playing on our team, but now he's not even on the roster.

somewhere in Europe struggling to become the Gringo Pele

and don't be shocked if this thread inspires the Official 2010 World Cup Mexican National Team

[ Edited by Conejo on Jun 23, 2009 at 09:39:19 ]
Originally posted by Conejo:

Will he be playing for us when we go to South Africa?

there's a chance, but last I heard his game can't even smell Donovan's jock
  • JR80
  • Veteran

and Donovan's jock is getting pretty old...

The U.S. team is not very much fun to watch...they play well when they're they underdogs, but when they're supposed to win, or at least have parity they play awfully. Don't look for them to make it out of the group stages next year.

A good showing against Spain tomorrow would be huge for the U.S.

He was on the bench in the last US game. I saw him when they flashed to a shot of the sideline. I'd rather see him out there instead of Beasley. Talk about a guy that looks like crap.
Raul and Iker Casillas are two of my favorite players on Real Madrid so I will be rooting for Spain. I follow Spanish Soccer 1000% times more than I follow American soccer so its hard to root for a bunch of guys I have never heard of... (Not disresepct to Jozy)

[ Edited by socalfan21 on Jun 23, 2009 at 20:32:59 ]
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Gonna help you guys out a bit with Freddy Adu...

He currently belongs to Benfica (Portugese 1st Division team...BTW my favorite soccer team) Unfortunately Adu fell out of favor with our last coach (been fired since) & was loaned to Monaco in France (where he played very very little).

Currently he is on the US roster team in South Africa, but has yet to play. Adu has 3 years remaining on his contract with Benfica, so he'll be returning to Portugal this summer to try and make the final Benfica roster with the new coach.

I suspect he won't make the team & get loaned again or sold to another team. Personally I LOVE Freddy Adu, when he played for Benfica he did score 5 goals in very little playing time, so there's hope.

Hope this helped you locate more Adu.
U-S-A! U-S-A!
Originally posted by dobophile:
Spain is about to score
Say it in here.

I got yelled at yesterday for doing it wrong.

• JR80
  • Veteran
apparently the only times we play at a world class level is when we are expected to lose 100%
Originally posted by JR80:
apparently the only times we play at a world class level is when we are expected to lose 100%

I guess we'll win the next game then too.
  • Riot
  • Veteran
USA 2-0 SPAIN WHAT NOW HUH!?!? WHAT NOW!?

JOZY ALTIDORE WILL EAT YOUR BABIES AND CRAP OUT GOALS!!!

Originally posted by Riot:
USA 2-0 SPAIN WHAT NOW HUH!?!? WHAT NOW!?

JOZY ALTIDORE WILL EAT YOUR BABIES AND CRAP OUT GOALS!!!

jozy is a beast
one of my favorite USA players...or only.
I'm not a big soccer fan but I watched the last World Cup and enjoyed it. Can't wait for 2010!
Share 49ersWebzone