There are 160 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MLB Draft

Giants Draft 6th!

Looks like a pitcher heavy draft in the top 12-15 spots. While you can never have enough good pitching I would love another top position prospect (like Posey). LHP Tyler Matzek from High School seems to be the one most people think will get picked.

Who are people hoping for?
My parents are casual friends with the parents of Matzek. His parents are unemployed, so it's great to see him getting a few million bucks. I hear he's going to Baltimore at 5, though if he slips past I hear the Giants want him.

Angels have 5 picks in the first 48, so I'm pretty stoked...don't pick until 24 and 25, though.
Originally posted by nipplehead:
My parents are casual friends with the parents of Matzek. His parents are unemployed, so it's great to see him getting a few million bucks. I hear he's going to Baltimore at 5, though if he slips past I hear the Giants want him.

Angels have 5 picks in the first 48, so I'm pretty stoked...don't pick until 24 and 25, though.

I hate for him to waste his career in Baltimore.

I'm excited about the draft though. I hope to watch it but probably will be watching the Atlanta game instead. I'll catch the results online.
^ True...

Anyone know what channel its on? LA Times says its only on MLB.com, but I swear it was going to be on TV this year...
^ True...

Anyone know what channel its on? LA Times says its only on MLB.com, but I swear it was going to be on TV this year...

I'm sure mlb network woud show it...but maybe not.
^ True...

It is only on MLB.com & the MLB network.

Also this draft is void of many impact position players. For example, last year 1b from ASU Brett Wallace I believe went to the Cardinals at #13. This year if he was in the draft he would be a top-5 pick without a doubt. This draft is pitcher heavy which doesn't bode well for the Giants (though they are good at scouting pitchers). I say you take BPA no matter what. Draft almost an hour away
I want Strassburg for the Cardinals
Giants will draft Tyler Matzek or Zack Wheeler... whatever player that Baltimore passes on. They do need position players but this is really a bad draft for college hitters.
Originally posted by jrg:
I want Strassburg for the Cardinals

who doesn't want Strasburg on their team?
When does the draft start.
Originally posted by Gore_Is_Beast:
When does the draft start.

3:30 i think PST
anyone got a online link?

I dont get MLB Network on Dish, so just wondering if there a live stream online anywhere, thx.
just started, and Strasburg is indeed #1 overall.
for those without mlb net, http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/y2009/draftlive_app.jsp

just found it on mlb.com.
Ackley will be picked next