LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Which pitcher would you take right now for the next decade (post 6/09)

Which pitcher would you take right now for the next decade (post 6/09)

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
LINCECUM AND CAIN!!!!!!!!!!
  • JR80
  • Veteran
Vin Mazarro
Originally posted by crzy:
LINCECUM AND CAIN!!!!!!!!!!

And the rest of the Giants pitching prospects in the minors.
Originally posted by JR80:
Vin Mazarro

dude like just got his s**t pushed in by the Giants, THE GIANTS

please

Originally posted by Conejo:
Vin Mazarro

please

Not ownlee dat, he let dat week azzz pitchur score on him fo' da fyrstt tyme. Wut wazzz hizz nayme? Hmmmmm....

TIMMAY!!!!
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by Conejo:
Vin Mazarro

please

Not ownlee dat, he let dat week azzz pitchur score on him fo' da fyrstt tyme. Wut wazzz hizz nayme? Hmmmmm....

TIMMAY!!!!

I originally made this thread in June 09. I said it back then that I would take Strasberg and I still stand by that.

Valrod.. your comments are hillarious. Wrong too.
Timmy or Felix.

I can't believe Bavasi passed on Lincecum for Morrow.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Am I being a "homer" for wondering why Wainwright isn't on the list but Billingsley and Hamels are?
Originally posted by jrg:
Am I being a "homer" for wondering why Wainwright isn't on the list but Billingsley and Hamels are?

That list was made a year ago James. I think I will just clear those guys and make a new list.

lol @ Ubaldo only being 2%

Id take Lincecum, then Ubaldo, then Strasburg.

for those of you who havent seen him, Ubaldo Jimenez has the BEST stuff in the majors among SP. he has high 90's velocity with the most dominating movement in the majors. Mike Krukow pointed out "its closer stuff for 9 innings"

im glad Lincecum got 2 CY under his belt now, because Ubaldo and Strasburg might be giving him a run for his money the next decade.

why is everyone so bullish on Greinke? he had one great season last year, and has gone back to his career averages this year. hes actually kind of stunk so far. obviously getting 0 run support or having your pen blow the lead every single start gets old, but i wouldnt even put him top 5 on this list.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I originally made this thread in June 09. I said it back then that I would take Strasberg and I still stand by that.

Its one start
Originally posted by valrod33:

Its one start

Just admit it when you are wrong. Every single expert there is and anyone who has 2 eyes can see that this kid is special.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Its one start

Just admit it when you are wrong. Every single expert there is and anyone who has 2 eyes can see that this kid is special.

Its one start. Ill take any pitchers listed before Strasburg until he can prove he can do this for a whole season, well at least for the rest of this season.

I still think he is gonna be a bust.
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol @ Ubaldo only being 2%

Id take Lincecum, then Ubaldo, then Strasburg.

for those of you who havent seen him, Ubaldo Jimenez has the BEST stuff in the majors among SP. he has high 90's velocity with the most dominating movement in the majors. Mike Krukow pointed out "its closer stuff for 9 innings"

im glad Lincecum got 2 CY under his belt now, because Ubaldo and Strasburg might be giving him a run for his money the next decade.

why is everyone so bullish on Greinke? he had one great season last year, and has gone back to his career averages this year. hes actually kind of stunk so far. obviously getting 0 run support or having your pen blow the lead every single start gets old, but i wouldnt even put him top 5 on this list.

I guess you didnt see where this post was from a year ago. Last year Greinke was unreal and would have gotten a lot of support and Jiminez would have gotten none.

I would put Strasberg and Jiminez both over Timmy and even a year ago when he was just signed I said I would take Strasberg. He has once in a generation kind of stuff.
Share 49ersWebzone