LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

Which pitcher would you take right now for the next decade (post 6/09)

Which pitcher would you take right now for the next decade (post 6/09)

I'm sure the vast majority in here would say Lincecum but experts are calling Stephen Strasburg the greatest prospect in the draft era. The kid throws 100 mph and has dominated college hitters like no other pitcher ever.

I think I would roll the dice and take this kid first. I know that sounds crazy given the other names on this list but he sure looks like the second coming of Nolan Ryan.

[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jun 8, 2010 at 21:34:36 ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Obviously everyone is going to select Lincecum.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Lincecum and Matt Cain
next decade Grienke
Originally posted by crzy:
Lincecum and Matt Cain
Originally posted by jrg:
Obviously everyone is going to select Lincecum.

Probably.. I dont think its the right call but you are most likely right. It would be interesting to see what the 30 GMs in baseball would say.
Strasburg's gotta come to the majors and dominate the way Timmy has. Lincecum can easily dominate the next decade and beyond. If Santana was his same edge I'd really have to think about it though
1.) Lincecum
2.) Grienke
3.) Strasburg
4.) Cain
5.) Bumgardner

Originally posted by crzy:
Lincecum and Matt Cain

In my opinion there wouldnt be a GM in baseball that would take Matt Cain over anyone on this list. He is very good but these others are all dominant strikeout pitchers who have dominated already or considered to be incredible elite talents (Strasburg and Price).

Again.. just my opinion and I know Giants fans will disagree.

strasburg is a good prospect but to put him up there with guys who have proven themselves in the majors is laughable
1) Strasburg
2) Lincecum
3) Greinke
4) Billingsley
Jamie Moyer
Originally posted by valrod33:
strasburg is a good prospect but to put him up there with guys who have proven themselves in the majors is laughable

Hardly just a good prospect. Look around and you will see virtually every expert call him the greatest prospect they have seen. He has dominated like noone else ever has at that level.

You may think its "laughable" but I promise you that real baseball people in the know wouldnt.
Tommy Hanson over Strasburg
Share 49ersWebzone