Well, the closer part of it atleast.
  • iohk
  • Veteran
i also like how we were inactive during free agency
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by iohk:
i also like how we were inactive during free agency

Well we have ALOT of 'homegrown' talent on our team..I'm not as worried about that..Motte will be fine.

And if not, like I said..we have alot of young talent sitting around that we can trade.
I think you guys can make a run if Pujols can stay healthy. Wainwright pitched well and hopefully Carpenter comes back strong from his injury. The only thing that really concerns me is your 4 and 5 starters and of course your bullpen. It will be a very long year for you guys if you don't have someone step up in those roles.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by joey82:
I think you guys can make a run if Pujols can stay healthy. Wainwright pitched well and hopefully Carpenter comes back strong from his injury. The only thing that really concerns me is your 4 and 5 starters and of course your bullpen. It will be a very long year for you guys if you don't have someone step up in those roles.

I'm hoping Wild Card atleast..but Wainwright needs to do better then he did today..he got into too much trouble early today that got his pitch count high..then he got worn out and started walking guys.

But as usual, its gonna come down to can we close out games or not? Our offense will hit the ball..we always do..its just our pitching.
  • iohk
  • Veteran
ahh much better pujols goes yard 9-3 W over the butt pirates good stuff
  • jrg
  • Veteran
THATS how we're supposed to play!
  • iohk
  • Veteran
Where's that cubs thread
I almost forgot about the infamous St. Loius Cardinals thread.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I almost forgot about the infamous St. Loius Cardinals thread.

Howwww?!

Its toned down a bit due to LarryT not being around..but iohk and myself will keep it going.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Sold my tickets for $40 a piece today.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Pittsburgh Pirates (1-1)

Zach Duke (0-0 0.00 ERA)

@

St. Louis Cardinals (1-1)

Todd Wellemeyer (0-0 0.00 ERA)

Quote:
Pujols has dominated the Pirates throughout his career, batting .367 against them in 479 at-bats with 36 homers, 108 RBIs, 45 doubles and a .455 on-base percentage. His success against Pittsburgh (1-1) has been even more extreme since the start of last season. He’s reached base safely in all 19 games versus the Pirates over that span, batting .457 (32-for-70) with three homers, eight doubles, 13 walks and a .545 on-base percentage.

After going 3-for-4 in Monday’s season-opening 6-4 loss, the St. Louis slugger reached base safely all five times he batted Tuesday. He had a two-run homer, singled, walked twice and reached on an error as the Cardinals (1-1) cruised to a 9-3 victory.

"If you can figure out (how to stop him), you go tell the whole league,” Pittsburgh manager John Russell said.

Pujols’ success appears likely to continue in the series finale. He’s 10-for-22 (.455) with three doubles and a homer in his career against Pirates starter Zach Duke.

Link
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Chris Carpenter is pitching!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone