LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 406 users in the forums

2009 SF Giants thread

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfaninLA:

THANK GOD WE HAVE THIS KID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to get a Lincecum jersey
Originally posted by BigRon:
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
Originally posted by dcsham:
Timmay...

But, on another subject, I'm of the opinion that Velez makes the roster over Bowker. I think that management looks at Velez as a switch hitter with speed who can make things happen offensively.

I think that at this time, the Giants feel that they can work with Velez to improve his play on the field. If you look at the statements of management after the Roberts release, I think it's clear than the Giants want Valez on the opening day roster.

I agree. Velez has more upside than Bowker at this time. Bowker has more power but as much as we need the power, we need the speed more with this team.

Whoa whoa, I think what you meant to say is that Velez is more MLB ready, not that he has more upside. Bowker has HUGE upside. And there is NOTHING we need more than a power bat on this team.

His upside is only related to Power. Velez on the other hand will be able to do more because of speed. If Bowker can adapt to ML pitching and hit 250-275 he will be an average player at best hitting 20-25 hr. Velez, if he adapts, because of his speed could be something special. He could hit 250 and do no more than bunt. While Bowker could score 80 runs in a season, Velez could score 100+. But perhaps none of this matters if Lewis, Schierholtz, Fransden, Burriss and Villalona mature as the players we hope they become.

Burriss and Lewis have all the speed we need at the top.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf02Sq2WZlM

The giants are simultaneously beating the A's and losing to the Dodgers. Sweet!

Try again. Beat the A's losing to the Angels

saw the box score we had most of our big league team against the A's plus it helped we had rj starting. in the angels gm we had lots of minor leaguers and pucetas got rocked, not good if hes looking to be our 5th. damn i really wanna see a posey bat he got a hit too. im excited about posey

oops, my bad, saw la and thought dodgers.

Maybe if the Giants were your life you would have known...

Originally posted by dcsham:

Maybe if the Giants were your life you would have known...

I should change my name to 49ers&GiantsAREMYLIFE and then i would have gotten it straight.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
3 more dingers today! even tho i havent heard of those guys downs and...the other one that is great. Anyone ever hear of them before?

Originally posted by hec26:

saw the box score we had most of our big league team against the A's plus it helped we had rj starting. in the angels gm we had lots of minor leaguers and pucetas got rocked, not good if hes looking to be our 5th. damn i really wanna see a posey bat he got a hit too. im excited about posey

I like Posey.

He has no shot at being the 5th unless there is a trade. He really needs to have another full year in the minors and see if he really is an elite prospect. My guess is he is going to be lost in the shuffle and will eventually be moved.
Originally posted by ninerfaninLA:

He has no shot at being the 5th unless there is a trade. He really needs to have another full year in the minors and see if he really is an elite prospect. My guess is he is going to be lost in the shuffle and will eventually be moved.

If we are to get a big bat for the middle of the lineup, it would take a trade that would provide the way for Pucetas to make the rotation.
"Haaaaaaaay you want some Puuuuuuuu------ceeeeeeee-tas!"
Back to back 3 home run games.

Bowker, Rohlinger, Uribe today.

Woot for Bowker!!! Hes tied for second the team in HRs (2)
Thats what I mean about Bowker, in 27 at bats he has 5 hits for a .185 average, however his 5 hits have included 2 blasts, a double, and 6 RBIs

His average is second worst on the team for players with over 10 at bats, only to Randy Winn, but boy when he hits the ball, he hits it HARD.

btw Rohlinger is first on the team with 3 HRs

[ Edited by 49ersAREMYLIFE on Mar 9, 2009 at 17:19:18 ]
Share 49ersWebzone