There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**Official 2009 NBA Draft Thread** (ON RIGHT NOW)

  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
John Wall is such a boss.

If High Schoolers could still enter the draft, Wall would have a shot at going #1, IMO.


  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by crzy:
John Wall is such a boss.

If High Schoolers could still enter the draft, Wall would have a shot at going #1, IMO.



Has John Wall committed to a school yet??? Last I heard he was still undecided...

I hope he goes to UNC Baby, with him there its back-to-back-to-back baby...
Although Duke is a strong possibility...or maybe somewhere else???
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
He hasn't chosen a school, but I'm guessing he goes to join Calipari in Kentucky.

With DeMarcus Cousins and possibly Xavier Henry
Originally posted by crzy:
Final Four Mock Draft
1. Sacramento - Blake Griffin, PF/C, Oklahoma, Sophomore
2. Washington - Ricky Rubio, PG, DKV Joventut, Spain
3. LA Clippers - Greg Monroe, PF/C, Georgetown, Freshman
4. Memphis - Jordan Hill, PF, Arizona, Junior
5. Minnesota - Hasheem Thabeet, C, UConn, Junior
6. Oklahoma City - Cole Aldrich, C, Kansas, Sophomore
7. Golden State - Brandon Jennings, PG, Lottomatica Roma, Italy
8. New York- Jonny Flynn, PG, Syracuse, Sophomore
9. Toronto - James Harden, SG, Arizona St., Sophomore
10. New Jersey- Earl Clark, SF, Louisville, Junior
11. Milwaukee - Tyreke Evans, PG/SG, Memphis, Freshman
12. Indiana - Demar DeRozan, SG/SF, USC, Freshman
13. Charlotte - Gerald Henderson, SG, Duke, Junior
14. Phoenix - Ty Lawson, PG, UNC, Junior
15. Chicago- Terrence Williams, SG/SF, Louisville, Senior
16. Detroit - Craig Brackins, PF/C, Iowa State, Sophomore
17. Minnesota (from Miami) - Patrick Mills, PG, St.Mary's, Sophomore
18. Philadelphia - DeJuan Blair, PF/C, Pittsburgh, Sophomore
19. Atlanta - Stephen Curry, PG/SG, Junior, Davidson
20. Dallas - Eric Maynor, PG, VCU, Senior
21. Utah - James Johnson, SF/PF, Wake Forest, Sophomore
22. Portland - Sam Young, SF, Pittsburgh, Senior
23. New Orleans - Darren Collison, PG, UCLA, Senior
24. Sacramento (from Houston) - Chase Budinger, SF, Arizona, Junior
25. Chicago (from OKC from San Antonio)- Damion James, SF/PF, Texas, Junior
26. Oklahoma City (from Denver) - Tyler Hansbrough, PF, UNC, Senior
27. Memphis (from Orlando)- BJ Mullens, C, Ohio State, Freshman
28. Minnesota (from Boston) - Wayne Ellington, SG, UNC, Junior
29. LA Lakers - Toney Douglas, PG, Florida St., Senior
30. Cleveland - Nick Calathes, PG/SG, Florida, Sophomore

31. Sacramento - Jeff Pendergraph, PF, Arizona St., Senior
32. Washington - Jerome Jordan, C, Tulsa, Junior
33. Portland (via LA Clippers)- Andrew Ogilvy, C, Vanderbilt, Sophomore
34. Houston (via Memphis) - Tyler Smith, SF, Tennessee, Junior
35. Denver (via Oklahoma City) - Omri Casspi, SF, Maccabi Tel Aviv, Israel
36. Detroit (via Minnesota) - AJ Price, PG, UConn, Senior
37. San Antonio (via Golden State)- Michael Washington, PF, Arkansas, Junior

Look forward to the next update Crzy...

First of all, I'm convinced the Kings will be #3 Pessimistic.

I think Minnesota would pass on Thabeet (Al Jefferson/Kevin Love) in favor of possibly James Harden or a PG (honestly don't know if they've decided Foye is a PG or SG).

I also think Tyreke Evans will elevate. I think he could even be an option for Sac if they do indeed fall to 3rd. Other than that, I think Minnesota and OKC are good options.

This draft actually looks quite deep to me.
Blazers are going to get Ty Lawson. I can feel it.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Originally posted by crzy:
Final Four Mock Draft
1. Sacramento - Blake Griffin, PF/C, Oklahoma, Sophomore
2. Washington - Ricky Rubio, PG, DKV Joventut, Spain
3. LA Clippers - Greg Monroe, PF/C, Georgetown, Freshman
4. Memphis - Jordan Hill, PF, Arizona, Junior
5. Minnesota - Hasheem Thabeet, C, UConn, Junior
6. Oklahoma City - Cole Aldrich, C, Kansas, Sophomore
7. Golden State - Brandon Jennings, PG, Lottomatica Roma, Italy
8. New York- Jonny Flynn, PG, Syracuse, Sophomore
9. Toronto - James Harden, SG, Arizona St., Sophomore
10. New Jersey- Earl Clark, SF, Louisville, Junior
11. Milwaukee - Tyreke Evans, PG/SG, Memphis, Freshman
12. Indiana - Demar DeRozan, SG/SF, USC, Freshman
13. Charlotte - Gerald Henderson, SG, Duke, Junior
14. Phoenix - Ty Lawson, PG, UNC, Junior
15. Chicago- Terrence Williams, SG/SF, Louisville, Senior
16. Detroit - Craig Brackins, PF/C, Iowa State, Sophomore
17. Minnesota (from Miami) - Patrick Mills, PG, St.Mary's, Sophomore
18. Philadelphia - DeJuan Blair, PF/C, Pittsburgh, Sophomore
19. Atlanta - Stephen Curry, PG/SG, Junior, Davidson
20. Dallas - Eric Maynor, PG, VCU, Senior
21. Utah - James Johnson, SF/PF, Wake Forest, Sophomore
22. Portland - Sam Young, SF, Pittsburgh, Senior
23. New Orleans - Darren Collison, PG, UCLA, Senior
24. Sacramento (from Houston) - Chase Budinger, SF, Arizona, Junior
25. Chicago (from OKC from San Antonio)- Damion James, SF/PF, Texas, Junior
26. Oklahoma City (from Denver) - Tyler Hansbrough, PF, UNC, Senior
27. Memphis (from Orlando)- BJ Mullens, C, Ohio State, Freshman
28. Minnesota (from Boston) - Wayne Ellington, SG, UNC, Junior
29. LA Lakers - Toney Douglas, PG, Florida St., Senior
30. Cleveland - Nick Calathes, PG/SG, Florida, Sophomore

31. Sacramento - Jeff Pendergraph, PF, Arizona St., Senior
32. Washington - Jerome Jordan, C, Tulsa, Junior
33. Portland (via LA Clippers)- Andrew Ogilvy, C, Vanderbilt, Sophomore
34. Houston (via Memphis) - Tyler Smith, SF, Tennessee, Junior
35. Denver (via Oklahoma City) - Omri Casspi, SF, Maccabi Tel Aviv, Israel
36. Detroit (via Minnesota) - AJ Price, PG, UConn, Senior
37. San Antonio (via Golden State)- Michael Washington, PF, Arkansas, Junior

Look forward to the next update Crzy...

First of all, I'm convinced the Kings will be #3 Pessimistic.

I think Minnesota would pass on Thabeet (Al Jefferson/Kevin Love) in favor of possibly James Harden or a PG (honestly don't know if they've decided Foye is a PG or SG).

I also think Tyreke Evans will elevate. I think he could even be an option for Sac if they do indeed fall to 3rd. Other than that, I think Minnesota and OKC are good options.

This draft actually looks quite deep to me.

I actually think that given a choice, your Kings should go after Rubio. PG is a very hard position to fill, and the top notch ones (which Rubio has a chance of being) pretty much never hit free agency. There seem to be quite a few more productive PFs out there in comparison w/PGs.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Originally posted by crzy:
Final Four Mock Draft
1. Sacramento - Blake Griffin, PF/C, Oklahoma, Sophomore
2. Washington - Ricky Rubio, PG, DKV Joventut, Spain
3. LA Clippers - Greg Monroe, PF/C, Georgetown, Freshman
4. Memphis - Jordan Hill, PF, Arizona, Junior
5. Minnesota - Hasheem Thabeet, C, UConn, Junior
6. Oklahoma City - Cole Aldrich, C, Kansas, Sophomore
7. Golden State - Brandon Jennings, PG, Lottomatica Roma, Italy
8. New York- Jonny Flynn, PG, Syracuse, Sophomore
9. Toronto - James Harden, SG, Arizona St., Sophomore
10. New Jersey- Earl Clark, SF, Louisville, Junior
11. Milwaukee - Tyreke Evans, PG/SG, Memphis, Freshman
12. Indiana - Demar DeRozan, SG/SF, USC, Freshman
13. Charlotte - Gerald Henderson, SG, Duke, Junior
14. Phoenix - Ty Lawson, PG, UNC, Junior
15. Chicago- Terrence Williams, SG/SF, Louisville, Senior
16. Detroit - Craig Brackins, PF/C, Iowa State, Sophomore
17. Minnesota (from Miami) - Patrick Mills, PG, St.Mary's, Sophomore
18. Philadelphia - DeJuan Blair, PF/C, Pittsburgh, Sophomore
19. Atlanta - Stephen Curry, PG/SG, Junior, Davidson
20. Dallas - Eric Maynor, PG, VCU, Senior
21. Utah - James Johnson, SF/PF, Wake Forest, Sophomore
22. Portland - Sam Young, SF, Pittsburgh, Senior
23. New Orleans - Darren Collison, PG, UCLA, Senior
24. Sacramento (from Houston) - Chase Budinger, SF, Arizona, Junior
25. Chicago (from OKC from San Antonio)- Damion James, SF/PF, Texas, Junior
26. Oklahoma City (from Denver) - Tyler Hansbrough, PF, UNC, Senior
27. Memphis (from Orlando)- BJ Mullens, C, Ohio State, Freshman
28. Minnesota (from Boston) - Wayne Ellington, SG, UNC, Junior
29. LA Lakers - Toney Douglas, PG, Florida St., Senior
30. Cleveland - Nick Calathes, PG/SG, Florida, Sophomore

31. Sacramento - Jeff Pendergraph, PF, Arizona St., Senior
32. Washington - Jerome Jordan, C, Tulsa, Junior
33. Portland (via LA Clippers)- Andrew Ogilvy, C, Vanderbilt, Sophomore
34. Houston (via Memphis) - Tyler Smith, SF, Tennessee, Junior
35. Denver (via Oklahoma City) - Omri Casspi, SF, Maccabi Tel Aviv, Israel
36. Detroit (via Minnesota) - AJ Price, PG, UConn, Senior
37. San Antonio (via Golden State)- Michael Washington, PF, Arkansas, Junior

Look forward to the next update Crzy...

First of all, I'm convinced the Kings will be #3 Pessimistic.

I think Minnesota would pass on Thabeet (Al Jefferson/Kevin Love) in favor of possibly James Harden or a PG (honestly don't know if they've decided Foye is a PG or SG).

I also think Tyreke Evans will elevate. I think he could even be an option for Sac if they do indeed fall to 3rd. Other than that, I think Minnesota and OKC are good options.

This draft actually looks quite deep to me.

yeah im a T-Wolves fan and i dont see us getting another big guy unless we get number 1 and get Griffin, PG and SG are more pressing needs for us
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
Al Jefferson isn't a true center. Wolves would do well to have a Love/Jefferson/Thabeet frontcourt.

The Kings have to take Griffin if they pick #1. They can make a trade later.

Same with the Wizards taking Rubio even though they have Arenas.

Always gotta pick the BPA.
[ Edited by crzy on Apr 14, 2009 at 11:32 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
yeah im a T-Wolves fan and i dont see us getting another big guy unless we get number 1 and get Griffin, PG and SG are more pressing needs for us

I think that the T-Wolves are a prime candidate to trade their pick. You guys need some solid vets on that roster, because you already have some young talent in Foye, Jefferson, Carney, & Love.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by valrod33:
yeah im a T-Wolves fan and i dont see us getting another big guy unless we get number 1 and get Griffin, PG and SG are more pressing needs for us

I think that the T-Wolves are a prime candidate to trade their pick. You guys need some solid vets on that roster, because you already have some young talent in Foye, Jefferson, Carney, & Love.

yeah i agree with trading our pick we really need a vet

and i guess aldrich and collins are coming back to KU
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/ncaa/04/13/Collins.Aldrich.ap/index.html
Jonny Flynn or Brandon Jennings for the Warriors!!!!




I think the twolves could really use a solid veteran PG keep telfair as the back up and keep FOYE at 2

I dont know what was up with Mike Miller this year when he decided he wanted to play he played well,

Im not too excited about the PGs in this draft, other than Flynn
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Jonny Flynn or Brandon Jennings for the Warriors!!!!





I like Tyreke Evans more than either of these 2 guys.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
Wolves could target Lawson, Maynor, Collison, maybe even Mills with the Miami pick in the mid-1st.

But they should go BPA with the 5th pick.
i would want the warriors to get rubio...

hopefully they win the lottery