There may not be any Chris Pauls or Deron Williams in this draft, but GameOver is right. This draft is deep at guard.
Here are my rankings...
1) Ricky Rubio, DKV Joventut, Spain
2) Jonny Flynn, Sophomore, Syracuse
3) Brandon Jennings, Lottomatica Roma, Italy
4) Patrick Mills, Sophomore, St.Mary's
5) Ty Lawson, Junior, North Carolina
6) Eric Maynor, Senior, VCU
7) Darren Collison, Senior, UCLA
8) Sherron Collins, Junior, Kansas
-Patty Mills needs to stay (and he WILL stay) another year because his injury this season has destroyed his draft stock. I've loved him since I watched the Olympics.
-I see Darren Collison more as a situational defender--Kyle Lowry type player. Don't think he has much upside.
-Jerome Randle should stay for his senior year or he'll risk going undrafted. I like him though, he's got some swagger.
-Don't really care too much for Levance Fields, AJ Price, Jeremy Pargo, Nic Wise, Tyrese Rice, Toney Douglas, Dominic James.
Combo (PG/SG) Guards
1) Tyreke Evans, Freshman, Memphis
2) Jeff Teague, Sophomore, Wake Forest
3) Jrue Holiday, Freshman, UCLA
4) Stephen Curry, Junior, Davidson
5) Nick Calathes, Sophomore, Florida
6) Greivis Vasquez, Junior, Maryland
-Besides James Harden, Jrue Holiday for me has been the most disappointing player in the tournament. He was considered by many the #1 player in the 2008 High School Class, a future NBA star, and just like DeMar Derozan and Brandon Jennings he hasn't lived up to the hype. Holiday needs to stay at UCLA for four years.
-Vasquez should stay too.
[ Edited by crzyafrican on Mar 23, 2009 at 7:37 AM ]