LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

2008-09 San Antonio Spurs Thread

I stole your girlie like I stole your bike. -The Beastie Boys

And that's just Mario Lopez keepin' it real to his Minneapolis roots. What wrong with that? Don't hate on Slater, dawg.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Fisher's pretty much just a catch and shoot player. You don't really need a good defender to guard him. Maybe Hill's length could challenge Fisher's shot a bit more than Parker can, but most of Fish's shots come from the defense collapsing on Kobe/Gasol/Bynum.

Who/whats a Bynum?
Fisher's pretty much just a catch and shoot player. You don't really need a good defender to guard him. Maybe Hill's length could challenge Fisher's shot a bit more than Parker can, but most of Fish's shots come from the defense collapsing on Kobe/Gasol/Bynum.

That's not the only area Fisher is important. He brings the ball up and he is very physical against the opposing PG when that guy is bringing the ball up. He gets away with a lot of body contact. Making a PG's inlet pass or pass to set up the offense difficult really creates complications to the offense. Hill will most likely be coming in against Jordan, who usually speeds up the tempo when he's in and Hill is the perfect type of defender who can slow Jordan down.

However, Phil will probably just have Odom bring the ball down if that's the case but then the Lakers will really slow their tempo down with their second group as it will mainly be Odom in isolation AND bringing the ball up. Slowing down the tempo of the Laker bench is key.
Originally posted by Joecool:

That's not the only area Fisher is important. He brings the ball up and he is very physical against the opposing PG when that guy is bringing the ball up. He gets away with a lot of body contact. Making a PG's inlet pass or pass to set up the offense difficult really creates complications to the offense. Hill will most likely be coming in against Jordan, who usually speeds up the tempo when he's in and Hill is the perfect type of defender who can slow Jordan down.

However, Phil will probably just have Odom bring the ball down if that's the case but then the Lakers will really slow their tempo down with their second group as it will mainly be Odom in isolation AND bringing the ball up. Slowing down the tempo of the Laker bench is key.

I have no idea what Laker team you've been watching, but it's a different one than I do.

I have no idea what Laker team you've been watching, but it's a different one than I do.

I'm talking about a scenario of Jordan gets worked by Hill and Phil sees it's difficult for Jordan to get the offense set up. The 2nd best option for you second group would be to have Odom bring it up since he's going to get it anyways.
Originally posted by dobophile:
I stole your girlie like I stole your bike. -The Beastie Boys

And that's just Mario Lopez keepin' it real to his Minneapolis roots. What wrong with that? Don't hate on Slater, dawg.

Mario Lopez oozes SoCal douchebaggery. Effin' Slater.

I worry about Tony Parker sometimes. He married: (1) a floozy, (2) who is older than him, and (3) is from Corpus Christi. Those are three bad things. And then you have to worry about Slater tampering with your marriage. SLATER. And then Slater wears a damn Lakers shirt.

Forget this. Maybe Screech likes the Spurs. Vanessa's basically single, right?

I hear you about Mario Lopez. Have you ever gone to a nightclub in Los Angeles? Man, you have NO IDEA. It's nauseating.

I can't argue with that, that s**t is nasty. I remember standing on the riverwalk during the '05 championship parade. The water smelled like ass and I was trying SO hard not to feel up the nun that was practically standing on top of me. Damn you, morality!

Originally posted by pantstickle:

I can't argue with that, that s**t is nasty. I remember standing on the riverwalk during the '05 championship parade. The water smelled like ass and I was trying SO hard not to feel up the nun that was practically standing on top of me. Damn you, morality!

WTF???
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by pantstickle:

WTF???

She was pretty hot, man...for a nun. The beers didn't help.

Originally posted by dobophile:

Can you remove the apostrophe?

I would if I could but just look at it this way, they suck so bad they own suck.
Spurs 105
Lakers 97
Share 49ersWebzone