There are 306 users in the forums

2008-2009 General NHL Discussion Thread and PLAYOFFS! (pg 16)

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Sens Fire their coach..

after 48 games.

Man this team was soooo good two years ago, and now they are going through coaches left and right...4 coaches since 2007.

The stars have got into the 7th seed in the west They need Sean Avery back now.

i hope they stay there and the wings stay at 2 that would be a good 1st rd match up
Originally posted by hec26:
Sens Fire their coach..

after 48 games.

Man this team was soooo good two years ago, and now they are going through coaches left and right...4 coaches since 2007.

The stars have got into the 7th seed in the west They need Sean Avery back now.

i hope they stay there and the wings stay at 2 that would be a good 1st rd match up

The Stars have been playing a lot better. Ott took Morrow's place on Ribiero's line and is really starting to click now. (Ribby with 9pts in last 6 games and Ott with 3g and 3a in last 4 games).

Edit: And we just got our 5th win in a row against the Flames tonight! Damn we are starting to *gasp* play like the Stars are suppose to.

I don't think I've ever seen such a roller coaster regular season.

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Feb 3, 2009 at 20:18:52 ]
Although [Devils GM Lou] Lamoriello will not discuss such matters, the Devils are believed to be among the teams interested in acquiring defenseman Chris Pronger from the Ducks. The clubs likely to be frontrunners for the big blueliner are the Devils, Bruins, Capitals and Canadiens.

pronger may go if the ducks quack up
Although [Devils GM Lou] Lamoriello will not discuss such matters, the Devils are believed to be among the teams interested in acquiring defenseman Chris Pronger from the Ducks. The clubs likely to be frontrunners for the big blueliner are the Devils, Bruins, Capitals and Canadiens.

pronger may go if the ducks quack up

The Ducks are currently in the playoff picture, but had played more games than any other team in the NHL going into Sunday's games. With the Western Conference standings so close from 5th to 15th, almost anything is possible. We'll see if the Ducks are still in the West's Top 8 once the trailing teams have played their games in hand.
Originally posted by Jordache49:
Originally posted by WeWillWinAgain:
I know there are Blues fans on this board... Canucks r gonna slay them tonight

*Ahem*

Just saw this now.......

We started a nice little slump for the Nucks... Sundin is just a skating penalty. He blew that Blues game by takin a dumb ass penalty and same with the Sharks game right after that...

BTW, all-star game was pretty tight. The skills comp was better though.... Chara with a 105mph boomer

Just waiting till now to post again...

The boys are back! ( I hope )

Canucks/Blues game last night was sweet, if ur a nuck fan that is. Sundin is looking better every day...
Pens fire Therrien; Bylsma takes over

I know its typical that the coach will get fired before any players are moved, but he guided them to the stanley cup last season..... oh well

f**k the pens
Okay this season just keeps getting worse for the Stars. First Zubov goes down for the year, then Morrow goes down for the year, then Avery alienates the locker room so much he is gone,

and now Richards is injured for rest of the season...
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Okay this season just keeps getting worse for the Stars. First Zubov goes down for the year, then Morrow goes down for the year, then Avery alienates the locker room so much he is gone,

I think morrow and zubov will/ can return for the post-season. But losing richards hurts your guys chances.

How is that rookie for you guys? Cant think of his name, but he scored a hat trick in his first game..brunstrom..or something like that.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

I think morrow and zubov will/ can return for the post-season. But losing richards hurts your guys chances.

How is that rookie for you guys? Cant think of his name, but he scored a hat trick in his first game..brunstrom..or something like that.

Yeah Richards is out 6-8 weeks, so maybe we get him back for playoffs too.

Brunnstrom is a good player, but he is too much of a defensive liability to get major minutes of playtime.

It will be interesting to see the changes to the lineup to compensate for losing Richards.

I'm just nervous about making playoffs, its a tight race at the bottom.
Chicago is going back to the playoffs this year, wwwhhhhhooooooooo

[ Edited by bucknbiff97 on Feb 18, 2009 at 12:17:03 ]

I keep hearing talk about Erik Cole being on the trade block. I think he will end up in Boston, but man I wish my Stars would trade for him. I love the way Cole plays the game.
Originally posted by bucknbiff97:

chicago is a very dangerous team to play and i would certainly wouldnt want my sharks to play them in the 1st which wont happen anyways. but theyre just too young to make a run at the sc. plus i wouldnt be sold on khabibulin which can get hot but i doubt it and i have no comment on huet
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hec26:
Originally posted by bucknbiff97:

chicago is a very dangerous team to play and i would certainly wouldnt want my sharks to play them in the 1st which wont happen anyways. but theyre just too young to make a run at the sc. plus i wouldnt be sold on khabibulin which can get hot but i doubt it and i have no comment on huet

If things play out a certain way, SJ might meet Chicago in the dreaded 2nd round.
wtf happened to montreal...

• NickV
  • Veteran
wtf happened to montreal...

I think Josh Gorges got hit pretty hard and Montreal really didn't defend him...or something along those lines.....let me go get evil....brb.
Share 49ersWebzone