LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

****2014 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Thread****

• Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Well if we don't sign Tex, even if we get CC, we are still no where close to winning the WS.

this might be our projected starting lineup as far as hitting goes.

Figgins
Kendrick
Vlad
Napoli
Hunter (he also has an option)
Morales
Matthews
Aybar

Vlad is in a decline thats for sure, Figgins is getting up there in age, and injured to often, Kendrick had a bad 2nd half, Hunter might not be here either, Matthews is just garbage, Aybar just garbage (bless his heart for hitting those game winners, but thats about all he has done) Morales, is still young, and far as Wood goes he will be getting some playing time, but he hasn't been that impressive when he's played, even in the minors, the kid is a strike out champion.

Sure our starters are gonna look good, but we've had great starters for the past 4 years now and we keep getting owned...

I'm not sure how i feel about Nap batting clean up yet. He might be another couple of years away from that.

If we dont get any big bats we'll just go back to the 06 ways.
Even if we add Manny, who knows how he's gonna play, is he gonna like playing here? He's not the greatest of base runners so him and Scoscia might run into some arguments here and there, same goes for his fielding.

Let's face it, he is up there in age, he's not going to want to sign a 2-3 year contract worth 80-90 mil, he wants a 4-6 year contract worth anywhere between 150-200 mil. I hope we don't give him that, if we sign him for 2, 3 years, i'll be happy with that, but I'm sick of Arte giving out these huge contracts to aging players (GMJ, Torri Hunter...)
For David Ortiz??

I would rather see Mathis get traded, but we will get little value in return for him.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
For David Ortiz??

I would rather see Mathis get traded, but we will get little value in return for him.

I think nap has value, not sure how much though

nah I was just joking about the Ortiz part.

Ya, catchers with power and who can call a good game are not to easy to find, his injuries are the only knock on him, and of course his low BA.
One player I'm suprised the Angels haven't traded is Bradon Wood...I don't understand why we kept him all these years and barely used him, lots of our trade talks with other teams involved parting ways with Wood, which the Angels for some reason didn't want to do. Even after Oralndo proved to be a good SS, and Izturis a good back up with the up and coming Aybar (who now we known isn't all that great, at least for now). Also, talks of him playing 3B cooled off once Figgy started holding down the position.

I hope Wood gets a chance to play SS more this season, it's about time we give him a shot, if not trading him with Mathis and another player for a nice bat or a relief pitcher I wouldn't mind.
yup, he still is a strike out king.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Oliver is back

good stuff

now get Tex!
good stuff.
K-Rod signs with the Mets -

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3756383

yayyyyyy

Thanks for the memories, K-Rod, but I couldn't handle my cardiac levels with you around. Give the job to Jose!
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nipplehead:
yayyyyyy

Thanks for the memories, K-Rod, but I couldn't handle my cardiac levels with you around. Give the job to Jose!

yep

and please use the money to resign tex
  • Brew
  • Veteran
K-rod.

No more heart attacks
  • dman
  • Veteran
Angels GM 'optimistic' about Teixeira

I hope so.

Dont the halos have a lot of money coming off the books?
  • Brew
  • Veteran
welllllllll.......C.C is a yankee

it was expected.
Share 49ersWebzone