LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 295 users in the forums

****2014 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Thread****

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Right now based on talent alone:

Philly - ridiculous obviously
Giants - Vogelsong is the real deal IMO. Also: f**k Barry Zito.
Rays - Price/Shields are really good, Hellickson and Neimann are also pretty good. Pitch in an extremely hitter-favored division.
Brewers - Greinke/Marcum/Gallardo/Parra
Braves - Hudson/Hanson/Beachy/Jurrjens/Minor - maybe most complete 1-5.
Cards - Wainright/Garcia alone Carpenter also good. Lohse/Westbrook question marks.

The rest are easily debatable, but I like the Tigers (Verlander/Fister/Scherzer/Porcello) more than the Angels and I think the A's have a younger, but just as promising staff (Cahill/Anderson/Gio/Braden) and also think the Marlins are going to have a good year (JJ/Buerhle/Nolasco/Sanchez).

I would rank the staffs 1-5 this way:
Philly
Tampa Bay ( they have the best 1-5)
SF (only if Vogelsong repeats the same year)
Angels
Braves ( like them but injury issues and Minor is unproven)

* Brewers.. You cant seriously think that is better than the Angels. Greinke has regressed some, Marcum has slightly better than average stuff, Para????
* Tigers.. Unproven really after Verlander. Porcello is WAY overrated. Very hittable. Fister one good year. No chance this staff is better than Angels
* Oakland.. LOL Anderson hurt every year, I like Gio a lot - not the rest

Key phrase "based on talent alone." Do I think all those staffs will perform better than the Angels? Not necessarily, but pound for pound they have just as much talent, if not more than the current Angels staff.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Right now based on talent alone:

Philly - ridiculous obviously
Giants - Vogelsong is the real deal IMO. Also: f**k Barry Zito.
Rays - Price/Shields are really good, Hellickson and Neimann are also pretty good. Pitch in an extremely hitter-favored division.
Brewers - Greinke/Marcum/Gallardo/Parra
Braves - Hudson/Hanson/Beachy/Jurrjens/Minor - maybe most complete 1-5.
Cards - Wainright/Garcia alone Carpenter also good. Lohse/Westbrook question marks.

The rest are easily debatable, but I like the Tigers (Verlander/Fister/Scherzer/Porcello) more than the Angels and I think the A's have a younger, but just as promising staff (Cahill/Anderson/Gio/Braden) and also think the Marlins are going to have a good year (JJ/Buerhle/Nolasco/Sanchez).

I would rank the staffs 1-5 this way:
Philly
Tampa Bay ( they have the best 1-5)
SF (only if Vogelsong repeats the same year)
Angels
Braves ( like them but injury issues and Minor is unproven)

* Brewers.. You cant seriously think that is better than the Angels. Greinke has regressed some, Marcum has slightly better than average stuff, Para????
* Tigers.. Unproven really after Verlander. Porcello is WAY overrated. Very hittable. Fister one good year. No chance this staff is better than Angels
* Oakland.. LOL Anderson hurt every year, I like Gio a lot - not the rest

Key phrase "based on talent alone." Do I think all those staffs will perform better than the Angels? Not necessarily, but pound for pound they have just as much talent, if not more than the current Angels staff.

We will just have to agree to disagree. I think you underestimate Haren quite a bit. He would be a #1 on the majority of teams in baseball. Wilson was the #1 for the 2 time defending AL champs, and Santana can be unhittable at times.
Im so pumped to see mike trout this year
Lol we trade Cahill away and you guys sign Albert freakinn Pujols and CJ Wilson.
is it me or does s**t like this happen every year? Where every team int he AL West gets stronger but the A's.
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
Lol we trade Cahill away and you guys sign Albert freakinn Pujols and CJ Wilson.
is it me or does s**t like this happen every year? Where every team int he AL West gets stronger but the A's.

Yes, it does. That's why many A's fans have jumped on the Giants bandwagon. I feel bad for you guys
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:

Yes, it does. That's why many A's fans have jumped on the Giants bandwagon. I feel bad for you guys

I feel like a homeless poor person, thats basically what the A's are, theyre a poor team playing in a card board box. And they trade away their players that are worth anything
Good start for albert
Member Milestone: This is post number 3,000 for niners94.
Go Mariners! f**k the Angels.
Originally posted by niners94:

go troll the Mariners thread. oh wait...you don't have one.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by niners94:

go troll the Mariners thread. oh wait...you don't have one.

This

• Brew
  • Veteran
Let's go angels!!
Originally posted by Brew:
Let's go angels!!

THIS! WHATS UP BREW??? Thought I was the only Angels fan left up in this b***h
i forgot about baseball lol sorry
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
i forgot about baseball lol sorry

Its all good bruh

Weaver for AL cy young!