LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 301 users in the forums

Official Cal Bears Thread

Originally posted by JR80:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
the cal products d. jackson and a. rodgers looked legit in week 1..

yeah. and lynch wasn't too bad either.

(Yeah, great job drafting Niners)

yes sir forgot about hyphy marshaun
Cal Bears at -14.5

I'm not gonna fanbet, but I like that Vegas thinks we're legit

GO BEARS
  • JR80
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billybonka:
Cal Bears at -14.5

GO BEARS

well we are playing Maryland. Not exactly a recent BCS champ.
Cal Bears at -14.5

GO BEARS

yeah, the first real test for you guys is us and then you guys hit the meat of the schedule. Stay undefeated till then!
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Cal Bears at -14.5

GO BEARS

yeah, the first real test for you guys is us and then you guys hit the meat of the schedule. Stay undefeated till then!

Man you like ASU (obviously cause of your screen name)) and the Dallas Stars?!?!?!?

I hope we can stay undefeated by then, Oregon is a team that surprises me, they had about 300 yards rushing with no single player over 90 yards
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Cal Bears at -14.5

GO BEARS

Man you like ASU (obviously cause of your screen name)) and the Dallas Stars?!?!?!?

I hope we can stay undefeated by then, Oregon is a team that surprises me, they had about 300 yards rushing with no single player over 90 yards

Oh, man! That game against the Devils is gonna be sweet! I hope they beat UGA and come in undefeated. Come to think of it, I hope we do too as that isn't a given. I'm actually more scared of them than Oregon. IMO they have the best QB in the Pac.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Cal Bears at -14.5

GO BEARS

He is here to torment us.
People love Cal players on this board too much.
Originally posted by niners94:

iv'e only seen love for DeSean Jackson, Aaron Rodgers, and Marshawn "beast mode" lynch for the most part. (Aside from the current players on the team, which stays in this thread)

I mean, no one is even talking about joey ayoob.
they're not a local D1 football program or anything

• CalBear49er
  • Info N/A

And there's a reason for that.

Since the 49ers are located in the Bay Area, a large number of its fans (majority, plurality, whatever) take residence in the BAY AREA.

These fans also take an interest in college football. Cal, a local university, has a football team.

This team, for the greater part of this decade (2002 on) has been very good (despite a shiitty 1-6 finish last yr). They have consistently outperformed any other local universities' football teams (stanfurd, sjsu).

This trend of excellence by Cal cannot be possible without contributions from excellent former players like Rodgers, Lynch, DeSean, Daymeion Hughes, Forsett, DeCoud, Brandon Mebane, Lavelle Hawkins, and the list goes on. Tully Banta Cain does not count.

People on this board love Cal players, but it's not unjustified. When SJ's Kyle Reed or Stanford's Tavita Pritchard start playing well, hey, I'm sure they'll get love, too.

which players? i peruse the Cal thread and i see hype for a select few, like ads said - Desmond Bishop, Marshawn Lynch, Desean Jackson, Aaron Rodgers.............and i don't know, but those guys seem to be doing pretty well, eh?

this year the love is all about Best, but i think its warranted.

anyways, Pac-10 looks solid this year guys. SC, ASU, Oregon, Cal.......even UCLA is decent.
Originally posted by CalBear49er:

Since the 49ers are located in the Bay Area, a large number of its fans (majority, plurality, whatever) take residence in the BAY AREA.

These fans also take an interest in college football. Cal, a local university, has a football team.

This team, for the greater part of this decade (2002 on) has been very good (despite a shiitty 1-6 finish last yr). They have consistently outperformed any other local universities' football teams (stanfurd, sjsu).

This trend of excellence by Cal cannot be possible without contributions from excellent former players like Rodgers, Lynch, DeSean, Daymeion Hughes, Forsett, DeCoud, Brandon Mebane, Lavelle Hawkins, and the list goes on. Tully Banta Cain does not count.

People on this board love Cal players, but it's not unjustified. When SJ's Kyle Reed or Stanford's Tavita Pritchard start playing well, hey, I'm sure they'll get love, too.

That idiotic remark didn't warrant such an informative post. But I did detect some sarcasm there amiright?
  • CalBear49er
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by putangina:
Originally posted by CalBear49er:

That idiotic remark didn't warrant such an informative post. But I did detect some sarcasm there amiright?

Haha, yea, a little bit towards the end there, bro. Reed and Pritchard won't get any hype so long as 1) their teams blow and 2) Kevin Riley plays, at worst, decently. I'm pulling for Reed no doubt (former Cal commit), but shiiiit, Longshore would still get more ups from the board than him.
Is it OK to watch the Cal game and have a beer..................if the game is at 9AM?
Share 49ersWebzone