LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Official Cal Bears Thread

Put 2007 in the past. We have a QB that is mobile, A RB how will shock the nation this year, and a LB core that will tear up the competition!!!

ROLL ON YOU BEARS!!!!!

• JR80
  • Veteran
who else is gonna be there saturday?
Originally posted by JR80:

you mean working?
  • JR80
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Vrabbit:

you mean working?

kakakakakakakakakaka. Sorry about that bro.

Still sucks for you. I'm gonna be smashed hoping we don't lose.

maybe, but i have to go to work

Cant make it to the game but having a fat party at my house. I remember the Tenn game last year. So much excitement
  • NickV
  • Veteran

ROSE BOWL!

I SMELL F*CKIN ROSES!
Jahvid Best is gonna rip them apart. On the other side of the ball, I hope our LB core can contain Ringer.
I used to be a big Nate Longshore fan...but I really think Kevin Riley is going to be good. I am so ready for this season to start. I hope its good.

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!
  • CalBear49er
  • Info N/A
RILEY!!! RILEY!!! RILEY!!!

As a recent Cal football fan (since freshman yr of 2004), my experience with the team has been, for lack of a better term, bipolar. I've experienced the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. May I elaborate....

2004- Rose Bowl caliber season (10-1 regular season). BCS and Texas screw us over, and we get EMBARRASSED at the Holiday Bowl. Rodgers leaves for the NFL at the conclusion of the season.

2005- The Joe Ayoob experiment. After a promising 5-0 start punctuated by the emergence of a freshman Desean Jackson, Cal is plagued with downright ineffectiveness by Ayoob. Only a win in the Las Vegas Bowl under Levy salvages a relatively mediocre year.

2006- Embarrassing loss to Tennessee to start the season. Managed to win 6 consecutive games, scoring at least 41 in each. Rose Bowl hopes look alive despite a loss to USC. We lose to Arizona. FCUK. Back to the Holiday Bowl where the Marshawn Lynch show came alive.

2007- The season opener win over Tennessee and the last second victory against Oregon were the signature wins of the season. Then Oregon State came. We were #1 in the nation for 3 hours Then the team imploded.

Originally posted by CalBear49er:
RILEY!!! RILEY!!! RILEY!!!

As a recent Cal football fan (since freshman yr of 2004), my experience with the team has been, for lack of a better term, bipolar. I've experienced the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. May I elaborate....

2004- Rose Bowl caliber season (10-1 regular season). BCS and Texas screw us over, and we get EMBARRASSED at the Holiday Bowl. Rodgers leaves for the NFL at the conclusion of the season.

2005- The Joe Ayoob experiment. After a promising 5-0 start punctuated by the emergence of a freshman Desean Jackson, Cal is plagued with downright ineffectiveness by Ayoob. Only a win in the Las Vegas Bowl under Levy salvages a relatively mediocre year.

2006- Embarrassing loss to Tennessee to start the season. Managed to win 6 consecutive games, scoring at least 41 in each. Rose Bowl hopes look alive despite a loss to USC. We lose to Arizona. FCUK. Back to the Holiday Bowl where the Marshawn Lynch show came alive.

2007- The season opener win over Tennessee and the last second victory against Oregon were the signature wins of the season. Then Oregon State came. We were #1 in the nation for 3 hours Then the team imploded.

I know man. So much hype and promise last year and they couldn't handle it. I hope Tedford has talked to the players and told them to put last seasons collapse behind them. We lost many players to the NFL so it will be tough to fill in those spots. There are many question marks for this upcoming season. Can Riley play well and not worry about Nate always looking over his shoulder? Can Jahvid be an every down back? Who will step up at WR after losing our top 3 from last year? Can the switch to the 3-4 be effective? IM still pumped for the season and maybe we can sneak through the cracks and cause some damage in the Pac-10
damn..im going to be in Reno for my fantasy football draft.....but i'll be wearing my yellow cal jersey..should be watching it at the silver legacy sports bars.....

Big Question this season?? Can Riley win w/ this offense w/ unproven recievers and backs. Can JBest be a every day back & also is he 100% healty. On Def, can the dline put pressure, experience DB's except for safety.

2008 Season .......

GO CAL!!!
I love our Linebackers.

There are some definite question marks regarding WR's, but Tedford's mentioned that theyre streakers, good route runners and can get up the field in a hurry.

I'm really excited about what Riley can do. Longshore's had his time and it was his job to lose and Riley's to win. I love the way Riley moved the offense in the game vs. Oregon State until that uber-costly freshman mistake that noone wants to ever hear mention of again. The kid has a great upside having an awesome outing in our bowl game win last year.

I hope Best develops into not just big-play back, but an every-down back as well.
just arrived in the mail wednesday from calbearsshop.com:

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billybonka:
just arrived in the mail wednesday from calbearsshop.com:

Nice, I'm not really a college football fan but i like to see Cal and Notre Dame (irish heritage) win
Share 49ersWebzone