LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 137 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Is the Ward fight PPV or can I catch it on HBO/Showtime?

Well now why watch it on television (HBO) when you could just walk to Oracle Arena

This
Nick Cannon butchering the fine art of ring announcing
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Is the Ward fight PPV or can I catch it on HBO/Showtime?

Well now why watch it on television (HBO) when you could just walk to Oracle Arena

And get shot in the process? No thanks.

Anyway. Its on HBO, but only in spanish....what the heck....white people dont like boxing...

Why is Bad Chad Dawson acting like Ward is a power puncher? He's even clearly the much bigger man.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 8, 2012 at 8:06 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Anyway. Its on HBO, but only in spanish....what the heck....white people dont like boxing...

only in Spanish? not what I'm seeing.
Originally posted by Hopper:

only in Spanish? not what I'm seeing.

You have comcast? I've got HBOW,E,L and only L is on.
This might be the worst fight Ive seen in a long time. Dawson just wont open up. I feel like he's just waiting for a knockout blow or bust.

Edit: Yikes, thats a horrible cut over Chads eye. Probably going to call it..

Edit2: Chad looks completly out classed. Like everybody does against Ward.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 8, 2012 at 8:16 PM ]
Dam....Ward just took his heart....Chad asked for the ref to stop the count and quit....

My favorite boxter.
Ward is a bad man.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Ward is a bad man.

I wonder how much longer before he starts getting PPV. I wonder if it has anything to do with him wanting to fight in Oakland? Its not the big city Las Vegas or Atlantic city...
Matt Kemp at the fight lol

Ward is a bad man.

I wonder how much longer before he starts getting PPV. I wonder if it has anything to do with him wanting to fight in Oakland? Its not the big city Las Vegas or Atlantic city...

Naw, it's called there's no big names from Super middleweight up for it to be on PPV. Look @ the last PPV that wasn't junior middleweight or lower in Dawson/Hopkins, they couldn't even GIVE AWAY tickets, let alone get PPV numbers.

I'm hoping the winner of the JCC Jr/Martinez fight might be willing to do a catchweight (164lbs?) and have it on PPV

In all honesty, there's no one else for a PPV fight, maybe some more HBO Boxing events:

Winner of Froch/Bute II (Neither excites me, seeing Bute got DESTROYED by Froch, I don't see him doing the same to Froch in Quebec. As for Froch, Ward beat him with a broken left hand...enough said)

Mikkel Kessler (Ward owned him during the Super Six, though if Kessler beats the Froch/Bute winner, might be a good fight)

Gennady Golovkin (Not a great fight @ this moment with the relative anonymity of Golovkin, this could become a "fight of year" kind of battle, but Golovkin needs more experience before becoming reality)

Other than that, not light heavyweight excites me to watch Ward fight, but if it were up to me, following the JCC Jr victory next saturday (calling it right now ), would love to see this:

Ward vs JCC Jr.
US vs Mexico: Not involving a polka-dotted ball
The only two PPV fights he could do is Hopkins (stink) or Chavez Jr. (assuming he gets past Martinez)
Ward is a bad man.

Yeah he is. One of my favorite to come from the Bay.

Dawson looked tired AF.

Ward caught him good with those lefts.

MATTEYSE was a badass fight. That dude was getting destroyed but kept coming for more.
Andre's a beast! He's my P4P #2 fo sho.
Share 49ersWebzone