There are 248 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Fuuuu for some reason I thought the Martinez/Chavez fight was going to be on HBO and not PPV

You are thinking about Canelo vs Lopez the same evening.

doh!

gonna have HBO on the TV and the PPV streaming from my tablet.

Canelo fight will be on showtime doe.

fuuu i'm of today

OFF

I think I need another Rockstar..
Martinez will have to fight the perfect fight. Lots of movement and staying off the ropes. Chavez has shown he can take a punch and his conditioning has improved. Whoe ever he stil gets hit a lot. Martinez will not catch him with one shot. He wil need to do two and three punch combos while avoiding Chavez's right and left hook to the body. Martinez needs to be mindfull of his position in the ring at all times and use his experience to tie up and frustrate the younger less experienced Chavez. Martinez will have to keep the ego in check because chavez will be easy to hit coming in. The problem is staying in the pocket too long against the stronger younger fighter. Chavez has the power advantage but it is not the one punch ko type. the shots he throws are like the ones his dad was known for. Heavy and thudding. Experience is all in martinez's favor but Chavez seems to be improving and has a lot of upside. With a good game plan, chavez can learn how to cut the ring off and be able to position himself to better land against Martinez.

This is a great fight.

I'll take that bet. I love Chavez Sr ,but dammit, this kid is way over his head.
Originally posted by Amir:
I'd rather see Floyd vs King Serg (after he whoops JCC) in 2013 at 154

He stated that after he beats Jr, he's going directly after Fliznoid.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I'll take that bet. I love Chavez Sr ,but dammit, this kid is way over his head.

I agree with you. I think Chavez Jr. will be very good, but Sergio is gonna test that chin

I agree with you. I think Chavez Jr. will be very good, but Sergio is gonna test that chin

Over all he is going to test jr's mental make up. I v'e seen Chavez's lapse at times when things are not going his way. If he does, he will get KO'd. Sergio is a solid veteran.

Over all he is going to test jr's mental make up. I v'e seen Chavez's lapse at times when things are not going his way. If he does, he will get KO'd. Sergio is a solid veteran.

I do admire Jr's body work. Not alot of peeps do that. If he can get the Serge to trench it out and brawl like he did with our punter, this fight is going to be crazy.

It can either be Gatti /Ward epic or just an execution.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
I'd rather see Floyd vs King Serg (after he whoops JCC) in 2013 at 154

He stated that after he beats Jr, he's going directly after Fliznoid.

He's BEEN wanting Floyd or Manny the last two years. Manny is out of the picture cuz Serg won't go down to 147 and manny won't go to 154. Assuming Serg beats Jr, a fight with Floyd would be EPIC.

If Floyd/Manny doesnt get made next year, I think floyd chooses to fight Canelo over Serg. Bigger name.
A source has revealed to Fightnews.com that there is a possibility that Mexican Juan Manuel Marquez and Filipino star Manny Pacquiao may collide in Mexico specifically in the New Mexico City Arena possibly December 8, a date that seems to be available. The source indicates that Zanfer Promotions and Top Rank are looking for all possible alternatives for Pacquiao-Marquez IV and are close to finalizing it. It's also intended that the fight is for a 147 pound title with a catchweight in the range of 142-143 pounds and a possible WBC Diamond Belt.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
A source has revealed to Fightnews.com that there is a possibility that Mexican Juan Manuel Marquez and Filipino star Manny Pacquiao may collide in Mexico specifically in the New Mexico City Arena possibly December 8, a date that seems to be available. The source indicates that Zanfer Promotions and Top Rank are looking for all possible alternatives for Pacquiao-Marquez IV and are close to finalizing it. It's also intended that the fight is for a 147 pound title with a catchweight in the range of 142-143 pounds and a possible WBC Diamond Belt.

Manny would be stupid to fight JMM in Mayheeco. All his 3 fights were close. You put the fight in Mexico and it's close, its gonna go to JMM.

Chavez looks scurred.

HBO dropped the ball on this. Their only going to have like 3 episodes. I would've watched a month of this.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Yo Raul, who do mexicans like more, Jr or Canelo?
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Cotto's fighting Austin Trout next? kinda surprised he picked him. I thought he would try to do a rematch with either Manny or Floyd or wait to fight Canelo. Unless he wants Trout's belt before fighting Canelo.

I am not sure. Most people like both the same. Chavez seems to have a little momentum going right now because of his recent success. Early on I would have said Canelo. A lot of people concidered Chavez to be spoiled and a lot of close fights seemed to have gone his way without deserving the win. The idea used to be that his brother Omar was a better fighter.

I'd have to say Canelo. Although people are starting to come around on Jr. If he beats Maravilla I could see him surpass Canelo in popularity.
Share 49ersWebzone