Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith's potential...

Originally posted by jays9ers:
Who dug out this old thread??

Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Is one of the reasons why Martz came here. I wonder if JTO does indeed start, then Martz & Tollner can solely help Alex along with NO PRESSURE TO WIN NOW. Alex has under his belt 3 seasons of inconsistancy ranging from offensive system to WR cores & ofcourse Jim the uber suck Hostler as a QB coach. Alex is still young & they may try to buy him some time. This is all theory of course.

Whats frustrating is the season hasnt even begun and we're already talking about "next year."

It's not over....

With JT at the helm...we're not winning more the 7 or 8 games. Alex will be released or traded and next year we'll have to draft yet ANOTHER QB.

So trust me...its over.
Alex Smith will never throw for 300 yards. He will be cut off this team. Picked up by somebody for the veteran minimum get cut again and live the rich life along with Ryan Leaf, Heath Shula, Tim couch and any other top pick who took the money and didnt do s**t.
[ Edited by ReturnOfTheDon on Aug 14, 2008 at 10:19 AM ]
  • Mex49
Is one of the reasons why Martz came here. I wonder if JTO does indeed start, then Martz & Tollner can solely help Alex along with NO PRESSURE TO WIN NOW. Alex has under his belt 3 seasons of inconsistancy ranging from offensive system to WR cores & ofcourse Jim the uber suck Hostler as a QB coach. Alex is still young & they may try to buy him some time. This is all theory of course.

Whats frustrating is the season hasnt even begun and we're already talking about "next year."

It's not over....

With JT at the helm...we're not winning more the 7 or 8 games. Alex will be released or traded and next year we'll have to draft yet ANOTHER QB.

So trust me...its over.

I thought we were all hoping to win 7 or 8 games. Now you are saying, that is the best we can hope for? Do we suck or do we suck, which is it?
people are just butthurt that their golden boy got beat by a more accurate passer! and are passing judgments on JTo based off one quarter of play! We really can't judge him until he plays a couple games!
Originally posted by ninerdaddy:

my turn
Holy eff, guys. Can we lock this? Someone is purposely trying to instigate flame wars and cause butt-hurt.

Tired of this nonsense. END THIS NOW. I'm tired of this discussion and wish no longer to discuss it. The bottom line is this team needs a new QB next season no matter what.

It doesn't matter. It is the usual Smith discussion and so is timeless.

One thing that is funny is that people wonder why he isn't more of a gunslinger like Romo or Farve. Well, a year later, JTO does have those qualities and lots of posters are trying to run him out of town. They want him to be careful, like A. Smith!
Originally posted by carlgo:

One thing that is funny is that people wonder why he isn't more of a gunslinger like Romo or Farve. Well, a year later, JTO does have those qualities and lots of posters are trying to run him out of town. They want him to be careful, like A. Smith!

did u just say JTO is like Romo and Favre?
  • 49erMethod
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 949ersrule:
I was reading a post (sorry for not quoting the person who wrote it),quoting that polamalu said that alex was playing the game safe and trying not to throw an interception, not taking any chances. I also watched tony romo last night and remembered how he started off hot last year, then was picked off a bunch of times and how now he is having a great year. I personally envisioned Alex playing like tony romo is now, being elusive, not taking his eyes off the down field recievers, running, and throwing on the run. I'm thinking that Alex smith will never reach his potential because he plays it safe ie, he will never know what type of throws he can and can't make because he never attempts them during a game and doesn't take any chances. (note the pick that he had was because there was miscommunication on the reciever and alex's part, not because it was a tough throw). I think that throwing interceptions is crucial in a qb's development to know what he can an can't do physically...and the fact that alex doesn't throw any and is usually under 200yds passing might be preventing him from developing. What do you guys think?

Alex smith has thrown 31 interceptions in 32 career games. Not counting pre-season.

[ Edited by 49erMethod on Oct 18, 2008 at 14:55:16 ]
Originally posted by ConVick:
Originally posted by carlgo:

did u just say JTO is like Romo and Favre?

Bad comparison... but I'm sure he didn't mean talent wise. I think he was basing it on jus characteristics of a gungslinger.
Dont get me wrong, i like Alex Smith, but didnt he throw 11 interceptions his rookie year?
  • crzy
  • Veteran
He's only 24 years old ...........

Originally posted by crzyafrican:
He's only 24 years old ...........

yes yes we know your the leader of the anti Smith bandwaggon