There are 515 users in the forums

Diva Receiva?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Diva Receiva?

Whats with all the hard-ons for an elite wr when we dont need one?
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Jan 28, 2018 at 12:09 PM ]
Originally posted by WildBill:
With JG and Kyle, I am hoping we will be like Brady and BB. Who doesn't need a diva wr. Instead get a wr with a specific skill set. I really don't want to end up over spending on a wr who more than likely might not be worth the pay he will receive. At this point if we get someone, it should be a red zone target. I like MG and this is his last year and hope we can extend him. I also hope we look for one like him. Talented but underrated and under utilized who had a poor QB and OC play that didn't make proper use of him.

Prefer we protect JG with OL help or get the defense help in the passing game so that they can get the O the ball more often.

I want team players who won't be disruptive like Crabtree, Dez, or Owens.

Yeah, I think they definitely look for another Goodwin type. A diamond in the rough free agent who won't cost much. I don't see them going after ARob or Watkins or Dez and the like. That Andrew Hawkins quote I think holds water. More of a committee, spread the ball around approach with Jimmy G and the passing game.

Maybe they look at Brice Butler or Donte Moncrief, who I think would help in the red zone, or even somebody like Jaron or John Brown from the Cards. Another WR in the draft and/or a TE like Goedert and shore up the offensive line and we're off to the races.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Dude, I grew up with Rice, Taylor and TO. I guess I just always hoped to have a great wr again.

Which Team does not need ELITE Players?
Why do ELITE WR have such a bad reputation?
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:

Which Team does not need ELITE Players?
Why do ELITE WR have such a bad reputation?

because they tend to be me first, expensive and the dominant team of the decade have mostly won without a do it all, elite No. 1. They get WRs who fit their system. Like a Welker. He was a very good WR but not a true No. 1. He was great in the slot which is what that offense needed.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Niners still need help at WR...they don't have one with the kind of size that can be a consistent RZ threat, a guy who can & will fight for the ball and win most "jump balls". I think Jordan Matthews would be the guy to sign. Due to injury & spotty (at best) Bills' QB play, his 2017 numbers weren't good. But, look at his 3 years in Philly before that...he was very good & consistent. And, he's not a diva, in my mind.

Matthews is a career slot receiver with questionable at best hands. You're not putting him on the outside.

For all his stats he has never been a big play guy, a decent slot receiver and little else. Would rather stick with Taylor who Garoppolo already has chemistry with.
Originally posted by Andra:
Dude, I grew up with Rice, Taylor and TO. I guess I just always hoped to have a great wr again.

Before those guys the 49ers won 2 SBs. Having a great receiver is a huge plus but not necessarily a necessity. When you have a guy like Garoppolo, just ensure that he has several quality targets to throw to.
We need receivers that don't get their chains snatched.
😂💯
I think we will be ok with Garcon Goodwin and Taylor no big urgency right now for a high priced diva receiver.
Hell no with Trent Taylor he is over rated .he is alright ..but we need a receiver that commands double coverage and opens the line up for a running game to succeed

Originally posted by Andra:

We are fine at WR

Once we get the OL & Defense upgraded, then we can get try for an "elite" WR. Right now it's pointless.
A.J. Green ain't no diva what would it take to trade for his services?
Once again, Landry is Redundant for this roster. It doesn't make sense
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

At least they spelled the name in the thread title correctly.
IMO the WR that makes most sense right now is Moncreif. He is a magnet for the RZ when he has had a decent QB, and he is only 24, and would be a more middle of the road signing with potential huge upside. He IMO also complements what we have at WR already quite nicely. I
Share 49ersWebzone