There are 126 users in the forums

What are you excited about for this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9moon:
THE MACHINE GUN OFFENSE BY THE BAY!!

I like it!
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Our 1st pick overall.

This, but the Browns will be really tough to beat. They may only get 2-3 wins.
hard not to get excited. Draft class seems better and deeper than anticipated. And UDFA group may have some surprises.

Mostly looking forward to see what Kelly does with this team, what surprises he has in store for us.

Gabbert over Kap? Brooks gone, replaced by Harrold? Lake makes it at NT (backup) and Balducci at center (backup)??

And WR should be a treat to watch this year--maybe some real production for once.

Cant wait!
It's the mutha f****in San Francisco 49er's!!
Originally posted by thl408:
AA and Buckner. The thought of two gigantic DEs acting as immovable objects is fun to think about. Also, Hyde staying healthy and becoming the next big time RB.

AA and Buckner for sure with Hyde healthy the whole season hopefully.

Also excited for our starting quarterback whoever that may be. They will get their ass kissed a little bit because Chip Kelly makes almost any quarterback look a lot better than they are
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by thl408:
AA and Buckner. The thought of two gigantic DEs acting as immovable objects is fun to think about. Also, Hyde staying healthy and becoming the next big time RB.

AA and Buckner for sure with Hyde healthy the whole season hopefully.

Also excited for our starting quarterback whoever that may be. They will get their ass kissed a little bit because Chip Kelly makes almost any quarterback look a lot better than they are

Same here. I want AA and Buckner to turn in to a pair of beasts on the outside that they talk about for the next 10 years.
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Trent Brown
Jimmie Ward
Tank/Harold
AA/Buckner

If some of these guys all step up I think we can have a really pleasant season.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
hard not to get excited. Draft class seems better and deeper than anticipated. And UDFA group may have some surprises.

Mostly looking forward to see what Kelly does with this team, what surprises he has in store for us.

Gabbert over Kap? Brooks gone, replaced by Harrold? Lake makes it at NT (backup) and Balducci at center (backup)??

And WR should be a treat to watch this year--maybe some real production for once.

Cant wait!

OND back in the house!
Just excited to see who on offense and defense starts to establish themselves as core players. We've got some ideas already but I want those spots cemented in our minds and that can start happening this year.
Chip Kelly licking his lips.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Just excited to see who on offense and defense starts to establish themselves as core players. We've got some ideas already but I want those spots cemented in our minds and that can start happening this year.

That's a lot of what I'm excited about, too. Short of a miracle, this year is probably going to be a rebuilding year. Who will be the core to build the future around? Of course, Bowman and Staley will be important for the next few years (and Bethea for maybe the next year or two), but who amongst the young guys are going to join them in leading the team? And since quarterback is inevitably a crucial leadership position, I can't help but be excited to see how the quarterback situation turns out. There's good reason to be skeptical of both Gabbert and Kap but I think either or both might have the potential to really shine in Kelly's offense. We won't know for sure till the games start getting played for real.

And there's just the overall ability as a coach that I am excited to see about Kelly.

I hope all that excitement doesn't turn to into disappointment at some point, but for now why not enjoy the excitement that comes from the uncertainty.
See how the new coaches affect the team as in effort by players, scheme and win and loss column- again
Look for bright spots and core players among the young players- again
See how top tier ex-49ers play for their new teams- again
Look towards a bright future as a competitive team - again

Pretty much the same as the last decade aside from the brief time of Harbaugh interrupting the bleakness
Originally posted by Sourball:
See how the new coaches affect the team as in effort by players, scheme and win and loss column- again
Look for bright spots and core players among the young players- again
See how top tier ex-49ers play for their new teams- again
Look towards a bright future as a competitive team - again

Pretty much the same as the last decade aside from the brief time of Harbaugh interrupting the bleakness
all that being said, CAN"T WAIT FOR FOOTBALL SEASON
GOOOOOO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like others have said:

• Carlos Hyde
  • OL
  • DL
  • Seeing where our corners stand

But the QB position and general state of the offense I've never been more curious about.

Guys want to talk about dark days, but in the midst of Nolan/Singletary where the 49ers flashed potential as a team to win the NFC West, you never thought of a high ceiling for the offense. Never.

So regardless of what you think about Kap or Gabbert, putting it all together is something to get excited about.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

Cant wait!

OND back in the house!
Share 49ersWebzone