LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 260 users in the forums

Number of Sacks for The Lynch Mob if he plays the whole year

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Number of Sacks for The Lynch Mob if he plays the whole year

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
How is the over/under 13? He doesn't have 13 career sacks...

13.. well, everyone here thinks he's alrady a SUPERSTAR.. and for Lynch to justify that, he must have a AWESOME year.. and having an awesome year for an OLB does not mean, your sack total for the year is 8 ... a SUPERSTAR can not have a one of those, "he was a step away from sacking the QB 7x today"..

and if he registers 5 sacks all year, would you all call him a BUST??
Originally posted by 9moon:

13.. well, everyone here thinks he's alrady a SUPERSTAR.. and for Lynch to justify that, he must have a AWESOME year.. and having an awesome year for an OLB does not mean, your sack total for the year is 8 ... a SUPERSTAR can not have a one of those, "he was a step away from sacking the QB 7x today"..

It seems like your keyboard got fixed, but it still seems to be acting up on certain WORDS.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

It seems like your keyboard got fixed, but it still seems to be acting up on certain WORDS.

Maybe mystikal is a niner fan
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
87 sacks
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

There is no way a fifth round starter is a bust. If he ends up with 5 sacks, I'd call it a disappointing year for a player with promise.
i got 5 on it (too)
Originally posted by frenchmov:
way under 13. i'll be surprised if he gets double digits. niners fans tend to overvalue our players. lynch is our best pass rusher but he isn't some pro bowl player. i'd say 7 sacks at most

hes got pro bowl talent for sure. id be surprised if he doesnt notch double digit sacks.
A solid 10.
  • thl408
He's going to need help to hit double digits imo. Eli, Tank, someone needs to step up to draw some attention away from Lynch. The other factor is whether JoN will feature Lynch. Fangio schemed to get Aldon 1v1 in space against an OLman. Whether it was Justin being asked to grab and hold OLmen as Aldon looped around, or moving Aldon around the line to exploit a mismatch. If Lynch is featured in a similar way, I think he can hit 10.
  • Stud
Originally posted by beatintina49:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
This thread is racist.

Right? This is our safe space.

Yup. Don't trigger me and my feelings.

I dont think Lynch will ever have 13 sacks in a year. It would be nice though. Im rooting for him
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
if he doesn't get that 13 figure in sacks, then he'll just be one of those good pass rushing OLB..
Probably 7 he's going to get a lot of attention while the ROLB will have their golden opportunity
He has a legit chance at 13+.. here's how: IF the defense is on the field as much as people are saying, and the opposing team tries to stay on the field by running the ball, you must remember, the Niners still have pretty good run stopping personnel in #53 and Lynch is moving up in that category. If there are one or two more in the front 7 to provide some exceptional run stoppage, then the pass rushers render the opponents offense one dimensional therefore creating more opportunity for sacks. I have observed Lynch demonstrate speed and agility in chasing QB's. And, another year on the defense will show whether or not he has the goods
Share 49ersWebzone