LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 313 users in the forums

We have some options for getting a deal done with Denver.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The issue Is Elway is taking a hard line approach with Balke after Balke took him on the Vernon Davis Trade. Yes we did take him on that deal Vernon and a 7th round pick for Denvers 6th in 2016 and 2017. Vernon contributed very little to Denvers Super Bowl win. For the Kap trade Balke wants Denvers 2nd and Elway thinks he's only worth a 4th because their the only team that wants him right now. There's no way Balke trades him for a 4th nor should he. So this link is to show some other options to getting the deal done with Denver.

Option 1
Push the draft pick compensation off til 2017 and vary it depending on how well Kap plays, how much he plays and how well the Broncos do in the playoffs. If Kap takes Denver to the Super Bowl we get their 1st next year. If Kap flops and gets benched we get their 7th rounder.

Option 2
Trade Kapernick for a package of players. Ryan Clady is available and we could easily take his cap hit at 2 years 20 million left on his deal. Arguably a top 3 LT and a annual probowler might solidify our line sliding in at RT. Plus he's younger than Staley and could be his replacement when his deal is up. Also there are a few young players that could help our team like Cody Latimer WR taken in round 2 of 2014 sitting way down on the depth chart. Or Jeff Huerman a TE drafted in round 3 of 2015 who sat out all of 2015 injured.

Option 3
Offer To pay for a portion of Kaps 2016 salary for a higher pick. This could be intriguing for Elway considering he has 2 million in cap space and we have 53 million. Say if we convert 6 or 7 million of his 11 million dollar base salary and pay it before we trade him to Denver. They still have Von Miller and other free agents to sign and this would be worth it to Elway to have Kap on a cheaper deal. He might be willing to change that 4th round pick hardline offer to a 2nd.

Option 4
Take Denvers last pick in round 3 which is basically a 4th and take a conditional pick in 2017 based on performance. Say a 3rd this season and a 3rd next season if he performs. This protects both teams.

I would like to hear any other ideas on how we can get value back for Kap.
It's hard to get value when trading 💩
Option 5 . Trading is not an option anymore
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Mar 27, 2016 at 4:29 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

This
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
denver is about 2 mil under the cap, kaep would have to redo his deal and lose guaranteed money

im not sure he does this at this point
Originally posted by FaTaL:
denver is about 2 mil under the cap, kaep would have to redo his deal and lose guaranteed money

Yea but I think he realizes this is his only option. If he wants money he stays gets to work and plays for us. I think we he made his demand he thought 6 or 7 teams were going to be interested and he would get to keep his money. End of the day I think he stays and decides Kelly is his best bet to turn his career around.
Some of you need to realize that Kap isn't getting traded
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Some of you need to realize that Kap isn't getting traded

i am leaning that way . i also think the vernon davis deal has nothing to do with a possible ck deal. besides denver is the one looking for a quarterback and while its trendy to bash trent and make it seem like elway is the brain of spock playing trent for a fool,.,.. we do not have to do a damn thing in my opinion

Hopefully youre right, and hopefully we dont cut kap
Did we really need a thread on this?

Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

Hopefully youre right, and hopefully we dont cut kap
Cutting Kaep is also not an option, there's no need to

Originally posted by lamontb:
Maybe one more ?
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:

Not only did we need this one, but we also need the following 54 threads that Will start prior to the draft.
Originally posted by FaTaL:

Agree tha Kap is predictable.

I don't feel he is very bright anyway.

BUT, Denver would be the best team in the NFL he could go to at this point.

He'd go to a team w/a top tier Oline.

Denver has one of the very best D's in the game.

He'd have Elway to mentor him and Kubiak is a solid coach.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

This

that
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

This

that

I think it's still very much an option. Trent won't get what he wants for him so they will be stuck with him.
Share 49ersWebzone