LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 403 users in the forums

Who's our #1 WR?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's our #1 WR?

Other... Torrey Smoth is a take the top off the defense type of player. He doesn't run crisp intermediate routes. We need a true route runner with great hands that can be physical in the middle of the field to be our true number one. That will compliment the run game when the linebackers bite for playaction. It will also compliment to what smith gives you with the deep ball because it's damn near impossible to stop the run, stop the intermediate route, stop Kap from coming out of the backfield and the deep ball al at once.
I think Ellington has major skill. almost brandin cooks-lite
got deep speed, very good lateral agaility, quick off the line and great after the catch - harbaugh didnt use younger players and this coaching staff was a mess - plus you know small, quick receivers need a QB who isnt a full second late on every throw
DeAndrew WHITE HAS SPEES ALSO
Originally posted by mtl_49er:
I think Ellington has major skill. almost brandin cooks-lite
got deep speed, very good lateral agaility, quick off the line and great after the catch - harbaugh didnt use younger players and this coaching staff was a mess - plus you know small, quick receivers need a QB who isnt a full second late on every throw
Smith is a 2
I agree with Phoenix. We need more guys that can stretch the field.

Chip doesn't need a "#1", he needs multiple guys on the field that can catch and fly. Guys that can separate and run after the catch.

More importantly, we need a qb that can get these guys the ball. That is a bigger necessity than WRs.
Michael Thomas! The guy definitely has a wiggle and can get open. Love the kid...
I trust that Chip knows exactly what he needs.

If he really wants a #1, he'll get him. If he prefers multiple speed guys (which I sense he does), he'll do that instead.

That part makes this coaching hire very refreshing, in that aspect at least.

Would be awesome to get a legit #1 as part of this campaign.
I agree with everyone around here who is pointing out that in Kelly's offense, you don't really need a designated #1, #2 and so on. That being the case, I bet Ellington and Patton will do very well. And let's not forget DeAndrew White - he could turn out to be a beast in the Boldin mold. All these guys might be good along with Torrey Smith.
Share 49ersWebzone