LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at CLEVELAND BROWNS - 2015 Week 14

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408

Please post all your pregame and gametime reactions here. If you have an end of half analysis, create a new thread. Make sure a similar thread has not been created before posting. All other threads created during game time will be locked/merged.

• 10:00am PST
  • TV: FOX
  • Local Radio: 107.7 FM; 680 AM
  • Venue: FirstEnergy Stadium

Browns Projected Starting Lineup

Browns 2015 Rankings
- Offense (yards gained):
Total: 26th
Run: 32nd
Pass: 13th
Points Scored: 30th

- Defense (yards allowed):
Total: 29th
Run: 31st
Pass: 25th
Points Against: 31st

Injury Report

49ers
Out: TE Vance McDonald (concussion), LB Michael Wilhoite (ankle)
Questionable: WR Torrey Smith (back, toe), LB Aaron Lynch (concussion), CB Tramaine Brock (foot)

Browns
Out: CB Joe Haden (concussion), CB Justin Gilbert (concussion), WR Andrew Hawkins (concussion)
Questionable: WR Travis Benjamin (shoulder), WR Taylor Gabriel (concussion), WR Brian Hartline
(hip), WR Marlon Moore (ribs), TE Gary Barnidge (ankle)

Not mathematically eliminated from a playoff berth. Go down swinging.

Whitner playing?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
We gotta win this one.

Go Niners Go
they're gonna whip our ass
If we are going to win this one and kill our draft position it better be a great game and a blowout win. Last thing we want is an ugly win against the browns and to lose 5 spots. After a bad season last thing we need is to be picking in the middle of the pack with a few meaningless wins. And anyone that knows me I always rooted for wins over draft positioning but the more losses the better chance we dont continue with mediocrity (Tomsula, this staff, Gabbert, etc). We need to shoot for the stars with a QB and get a young HC who can pass the ball.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 13, 2015 at 12:49 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
If we are going to win this one and kill our draft position it better be a great game and a blowout win. Last thing we want is an ugly win against the browns and to lose 5 spots. After a bad season last thing we need is to be picking in the middle of the pack with a few meaningless wins. And anyone that knows me I always rooted for wins over draft positioning but the more losses the better chance we dont continue with mediocrity (Tomsula, this staff, Gabbert, etc). We need to shoot for the stars with a QB and get a young HC who can pass the ball.

I really would like to win this game. Know why? Because it's literally the literal Browns. If we lose to the literal Browns, I don't care what happened last week, we will be the laughing stock of the league and someone will need to get fired.

Browns are the worst team in the league and I would really like to keep it that way.
I never thought Whitner had solid coverage skills. He excelled against the run better. I hope Niners attack him and put 'em to the test. Go Niners!
[ Edited by plummerfan on Dec 13, 2015 at 3:34 AM ]
5am game time in australia any websites that they replay the game?? to early for me
My impression is that the defensive players and Mangini seem to be getting things consistently dialed in better than they were. If so, the Browns aren't going to have much success in scoring. If so, that means even if the offense sputters some, they could still put up enough points to beat the Browns.

I suspect the running game isn't going to be effective - if my hunch about that is wrong and the running game is effective, I don't think the Browns have much of a chance of winning as long as the 9ers defense looks solid. If my suspicion is correct that the 9ers running game won't be particularly effective and the defense is fairly well dialed in, then, of course, the game comes down to Gabbert and the passing game. There's a good chance Boldin will have a solid game - and he could be key to the offense getting more crucial third down conversions. If Gabbert can get something going with Ellington and/or Patton, I think the 9ers have a really good chance of winning (that is, as I said earlier, if the 9ers defense is as dialed in as they have seemed to be lately). I have this gut feeling that Ellington might have a big day today.
[ Edited by 49erphan on Dec 13, 2015 at 5:43 AM ]

Originally posted by aussiepeter:
5am game time in australia any websites that they replay the game?? to early for me

wuss.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

wuss.

Yeah ya wuss. I set the alarm for 445. Ill be watching
Go 49ers
Originally posted by Bjnolo:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

wuss.

Yeah ya wuss. I set the alarm for 445. Ill be watching

Just wondering... how do you get the games? Directv Sunday Ticket? NFL game pass? Or because of Haynes does your local tv carry the 49ers games. Wish they would bring Haynes up for a return man. We always have lousy starting field position.
How many yards do you think Gabbert will run for this game? I'm guessing it will be over 50 yards, probably mostly from scrambles.
Share 49ersWebzone